A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
- Posts: 8732
- Joined: 09 Sep 2014, 17:50
- I've donated: $40.00!
- My articles: 4
- My images: 127
- My cats species list: 138 (i:102, k:35)
- My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
- My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2372)
- My Wishlist: 37
- Spotted: 173
- Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
- Location 2: USA, California, Stockton
Jools wrote: ↑24 Sep 2023, 09:19
An easy one to fix, hoorah! This error happens when displaying an image of a species that doesn't have/belong in a subfamily.
There are a number of other genera in the CLOG which are not properly assigned to subfamilies. I looked up each genus to find its current taxonomic status; I don't believe I have the access to fix that, so for a low priority note, I'll itemize them here:
- Posts: 15905
- Joined: 30 Dec 2002, 15:25
- My articles: 197
- My images: 941
- My catfish: 238
- My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
- My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
- My Wishlist: 21
- Spotted: 444
- Location 1: Middle Earth,
- Location 2: Scotland
- Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.
This is a little more involved and perhaps is more a catelog data issue than a bug per se. The root cause here is the species XML download summary page at Fishbase isn't working. Example: Go to https://fishbase.de/summary/Rita-gogra.html
, and click on the summary link in the Download XML page.
If that worked, a helpful Planet bot would spot that there is a subfamily defined for whatever genus and suggest it be changed. I could build an admin function to do this manually but Fishbase have said the error their side will be looked at in a few weeks or months [from about three weeks ago]. So we wait for now.