L- number for this pl*co?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
BobsUncle
Location 1: Victoria, B.C. Canada

L- number for this pl*co?

Post by BobsUncle »

Does anyone know the correct L- number for this pl*co? I know his as a marble sailfin, am I correct in this? Thanks! :D

http://photo.starblvd.net/BobsUncle
Caol_ila
My images: 53
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

hi!

Glyptoperichtys gibbiceps...if its not a special one it doesnt have an L number
cheers
Christian
smilingSyno
Location 1: Florida, USA
Interests: Synodontis, Corydoras, Hoplos, Plecos etc.

Post by smilingSyno »

Every pleco is special :D

Just looked up Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps in the library... it has a bunch of L-numbers:
L083a, L083b, L083c, L083d, L164 and L196

Now is that confusing or what? :|
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 941
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

smilingSyno wrote:Just looked up Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps in the library... it has a bunch of L-numbers: L083a, L083b, L083c, L083d, L164 and L196
Yeah, I've been meaning to sort through these. Some of them are not quite right or need a bit of attention. Another thing added to the "to do" list!

Jools
smilingSyno
Location 1: Florida, USA
Interests: Synodontis, Corydoras, Hoplos, Plecos etc.

Post by smilingSyno »

I got a question for you, BobsUncle. You say your pleco is only one and a half years old and already a foot long? Wow, I didn't know they grow so fast! Is that true or did I misunderstand your info? Some of my plecos I've had for months and they don't seem to have grown a bit :?
BobsUncle
Location 1: Victoria, B.C. Canada

Pl*co size

Post by BobsUncle »

Yep, he's about 1.5 years...he was 1.25" long when I bought him, and being new to the pleco game, I believed the store when they said he would stay small. :? 5-6" max was the size mentioned. (Yes, I know, should have done my homework first.)

Anyway, he rapidly passed that size and continues to grow at an alarming rate... :D I probably shouldn't have let him eat as much cucumber as he wanted...
SirHelm
Location 1: San Jose, CA USA

Post by SirHelm »

LOL.... I am also new to the catfish hobby!! And guess what I got snookered twice by the LFS. I was told that the 2 fish I was buying were Pictus.. in fact they were Pim bocci's, and I also bought what I was told was a asian catfish who would grow to 6" and be fine in a community tank (in fact he is an Asian Red Tail who will grow to over a foot and is considered the most vicious freshwater fish)....

Live and Learn

SH

Return to “What is my catfish?”