Lgin trouble!

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Lgin trouble!

Post by Sid Guppy »

I just had a bad case of login trouble, I was rooted again and again back to the empty filli-in login page, despite my name showing up on the btoom of the page. I had to close Internetexplorer and planetcatfishforum, and re-open it to post this (luckily it caught now)
Also, for unknown reasons my automatically login doesn't work, obviously, although I've marked it time and again.
anybody else having this too, or did my pc just screw up?
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
jscoggs27
I've donated: $130.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Stevenage, Herts, UK

login trouble

Post by jscoggs27 »

I'm not having trouble loging in. However, sometimes when it logs in automatically and sometimes not. I'm using mozilla which stores my log in so its not too much trouble. However sometimes, not always, new topics dont show after I have logged in. this only seems too happen to replys to my own posts though. Altogether the whole thing seems to work very well.
p.s. Which version of ie are you using? I stopped using internet explorer sometime ago as I found it to be unstable at best and causes system failures in win 98se. Mozzilla is free but will need a java plug in.
jason
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 943
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 446
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

@jscoggs

Sounds like a caching problem, what do you think Rusty/Tim?

Jools
Rusty
Location 1: New York, NY
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

Jools, that was at the same time I pointed out the huge list of requests from Sid.

Sid, to resolve the auto-login issue try logging on from forum.planetcatfish.com, without the www. If that does help, Jools I think you need to redo the links or the cookies.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 943
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 446
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Hrmmm, I think we should sit on the fence until everyone's browsers catch up with the new set-up?

Jools
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

Tanx for the tip Jscoggs; my computer had a few (!) systemfailures today, and most of it because Iexploder was obnoxious. I upgraded it recently and I DO run 98SE.
Planning to install w2000 as XP still has too many bugs & failures for my taste (esp when gaming or running older software like Aqualex or grabbeevideograbber.
Good idea??
Today I ran into the loginbug again, but after a few restarts I can now post this -I hope!
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
jscoggs27
I've donated: $130.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Stevenage, Herts, UK

microsoft !!!!!!

Post by jscoggs27 »

I am a little bit anti microsoft so you will have to excuse me. But w2000 is probably the most stable platform to use. However, Windows is still probably the most convenient operating system to use. I use 98 se and llycoris linux and end up using win most of the time. If you have your active desktop enabled this can cause some problems as it uses ie to work and often latches up. my solution to system failures caused by ie was to use a different navigator and set it as the default then dis-activate active desktop.
Alternatively consider an operating system like linux as a secondary ( very convenient if you have a second hard disk) option. Something like suse or lycoris, dont try switching entirely to linux if you are not used to it. It is very stable but for windows users can be a little bit offputting, i'm still learning how to use it, and it still has bugs!
I'm no expert on computers maybe rusty or jools would be more constructive on this issue.
thanks
jason
clothahump
Location 1: Deepest Darkest Dorset UK

Post by clothahump »

I would be tempted to delete all history and cookies from your PC and then try logging in, could be that the old board cookie is very similar to the new one.

Return to “All Resolved Issues”