Catfishes of Iran

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Catfishes of Iran

Post by Silurus »

Coad, BW, 2014. Review of the freshwater catfishes of Iran (Order Siluriformes). Iranian Journal of Ichthyology 1: 218–257.

Abstract
The systematics, morphology, distribution, biology, economic importance and conservation of the freshwater catfishes of Iran are described, the species are illustrated, and a bibliography on these fishes is provided. There are four families with four genera and six species, one of which is an exotic; the family Bagridae with one genus and species, Mystus pelusius in the Persian Gulf, Hormuz and Tigris River basins; the family Heteropneustidae with one genus and species, Heteropneustes fossilis in the Tigris River basin; the family Siluridae with one genus and two species, Silurus glanis in the Caspian Sea, Lake Orumiyeh and Hari River basins and Silurus triostegus in the Tigris River basin; and the family Sisoridae with one genus and two species, Glyptothorax kurdistanicus in the Tigris River basin and Glyptothorax silviae in the Persian Gulf and Tigris River basins. There are also some species in the neighboring regions which were not reported from Iran.
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Re: Catfishes of Iran

Post by Richard B »

That's tonight's reading sorted - thanks for posting HH
Lou: Every young man's fantasy is to have a three-way.
Jacob: Yeah not with another fu**!ng guy!
Lou: It's still a three-way!

Hot Tub Time Machine: 2010

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”