Would my tank be whipped?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Would my tank be whipped?

Post by catfishchaos »

Hello everyone!

Apologies for the lack of activity, it hasn't been a great summer...

Anyway with summer drawing to a close and all the chaos more than less behind me, I think I'm back! I'm saying think because on another forum I said I was back and then another enjoyable situation popped up :((

Things have settled down a bit and I've started looking at sellers list again and they have a lot of fish I'm interested in. Because my moms very irrational and wants to know "Exactly where this 5000 gallon would go" that limits about half of the bottom feeders. Jokes(ish) aside I would like to look into a few cats. The tank I want to add to is my 55 gallon "whip depot". Between this and the title I'm sure you have all guessed by now this is whiptail related :-p

One of the contributions to my great summer was a a tale of tragedy and human error. I left the heater unplugged after I finished a water change and stayed at my fathers house for 2 days after. When I returned 3 of my died and over the next few days all but one passed away. Luckily the one thats left is doing great, eating what I offer and scaring the hell out of all the other catfish (He is harmless but they don't know that). are the catfish I've enjoyed working with the most and I will be replacing the fish I lost come december when they are back in season. So bottom line I''m planning on adding a group of to the tank which will have a total stock of:

15 and one who has accepted his is actually a .

decor is limited, a pile of dragon stone on one end an few mounds throughout keep all the happy. There is one large piece of driftwood with a ton of java fern on it that has really taken off since this photo was taken. I also had to pull out the pleco caves pictured after one of the whiptails got stuck in one and perished so I replaced it with another pile of dragon stone. The sand is very fine ADA colorado and the filtration is a Fluval 306 canister. There is added air stones and the entire tank endures a 50-75% water change once a week. The pumps pictured have been removed as the output of the 306 is enough to keep everyone happy.
How well do you guys think a group of 6 would do in there?
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”