Update on Hypancistrus inspector and Parancistrus aff. aurantiacus

Incorrect ID? New info to be added, taxonomic revisions and any kind of changes to the data we currently hold in here please!
jac
My articles: 3
My images: 71
My cats species list: 82 (i:0, k:26)
My BLogs: 15 (i:16, p:755)
Spotted: 43
Location 1: Ede
Location 2: Holland
Interests: Fish of all types but mostly Loricariidae, Callichthyidae and Auchenipteridae. My awesome dogs and walking through nature and taking pictures.

Update on Hypancistrus inspector and Parancistrus aff. aurantiacus

Post by jac »

Hi PC crew!

Is it possible to update these two cat-e-log pages please? Hypancistrus inspector is different from Hypancistrus sp. "L102" and there is possibly even a third species involved which is currently being numbered by Rainer Stawikowski from Datz. In the latest CSG Journal there was also a nice article which covered this.

And for Parancistrus aff. aurantiacus there is a clear difference between the Parancistrus aurantiacus and the aff. aurantiacus. So I would like to see a new datapage for Parancistrus aff. aurantiacus. I have lot's of pictures to accompany this if you wish, so does Fabian Deuschle.
Every great achievement begins with a dream ;-)
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Update on Hypancistrus inspector and Parancistrus aff. aurantiacus

Post by Jools »

Yes, let's do this. I need some time to figure it out the article as I've not read it yet. But L501 is there; if H. inspector is not in the trade then splitting out L102 should be not too hard.

Jools
jac
My articles: 3
My images: 71
My cats species list: 82 (i:0, k:26)
My BLogs: 15 (i:16, p:755)
Spotted: 43
Location 1: Ede
Location 2: Holland
Interests: Fish of all types but mostly Loricariidae, Callichthyidae and Auchenipteridae. My awesome dogs and walking through nature and taking pictures.

Re: Update on Hypancistrus inspector and Parancistrus aff. aurantiacus

Post by jac »

Thanks Jools, awesome!!
I sublied some pictures for the correct data on Hypancistrus inspector.
As your at the CSG convention right now, go and have a chat about these with Steven Grant :d He'll be happy to fill your in on the information about Hypancistrus inspector vs L501/L102 \:d/

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=46186&p=311321#p311321
Every great achievement begins with a dream ;-)

Return to “Cat-eLog data issues”