Marc's fish room build

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
MarcW
I've donated: $56.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 31 (i:5, k:21)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:1)
My BLogs: 10 (i:14, p:480)
My Wishlist: 36
Spotted: 25
Location 1: Hampshire
Location 2: UK

Re: Marc's fish room build

Post by MarcW »

Thanks Darrel, I do still have a few Asellus, they didn't seem to reproduce, but a few are still kicking around!

I also still have a few ostracods in one tank, I'll give them a go too.

MarcW

Post by MarcW »

Well the handful of juvenile (1.25 to 1.5 inch) rainbow fish which were too crafty for me to catch out of the quarantine tank went missing a couple nights ago! Plus today at least one of the A. magoi ate an earthworm, two were eaten but it happened so quickly I can't be sure it was two separate fish. None of the others were interested and just backed away as I wiggled the worms nearby with long tweezers.

I'll try again with shrimp and worms when the lights dim later, I also have some whitebait arriving tomorrow, which was part of their diet in the store, hopefully they'll remember :-).

Martin S
I've donated: $20.00!
My images: 9
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 17
Location 1: Horsham, West Sussex
Interests: Aquatics

Post by Martin S »

Very envious of your new arrivals! How are they looking whilst seemingly not feeding?
Have you tried live river shrimp? No doubt the rainbows were an easy snack for one or more!

MarcW

Post by MarcW »

Thanks Martin! They are still looking healthy and not skinny at all, they tend to hug the bottom and swim in place when the lights are on, then at night (it needs to be really dark) they are swimming around all over the tank.

I haven't tried shrimp yet, i only have one cherry shrimp kicking around somewhere! I have some daphnia coming soon, I'll see if I can get some shrimp delivered to me. Ideally I want them eating frozen/pellets, but if they start to look skinny I do have a couple hundred juvenile rainbowfish that can move tank!