Cat Food Anyone?

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Shovelnose
My articles: 5
My images: 116
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 60 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 44
Location 1: Mumbai
Location 2: India

Cat Food Anyone?

Post by Shovelnose »

I have been looking up various options to source as feed ever since I was hit by the Hemibagrus thunderbolt, the latest of which is fish based cat feed. Does anyone have experience/thoughts on this?

https://www.amazon.in/Meat-Up-Ocean-Fis ... way&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.in/Purepet-Adult-Foo ... way&sr=8-8

I had chosen these two as most of the other options seem to have iodised salt in them.
Balaji

Vicar: It's about this letter you sent me regarding my insurance claim.
Devious: Oh, yeah, well, you see, it's just that we're not, as yet, totally satisfied with the grounds of your claim.
Vicar: But it says something about filling my mouth in with cement.
Devious: Oh well, that's just insurance jargon, you know.
2wheelsx2
I've donated: $20.00!
My cats species list: 71 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:3)
Location 1: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Location 2: BC, Canada
Interests: motorcycles, tropical fish, car detailing

Re: Cat Food Anyone?

Post by 2wheelsx2 »

I don't know about over in India, but in Canada, the bulk food of choice would be salmon or trout feed. Cat food has taurine and all kinds of additives specifically for cats.
Shovelnose
My articles: 5
My images: 116
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 60 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 44
Location 1: Mumbai
Location 2: India

Post by Shovelnose »

Thank you, I've made up my mind to stick to conventional fish food. Some of these fish are very very hard to come by and I don't want to experiment on them.
Balaji

Vicar: It's about this letter you sent me regarding my insurance claim.
Devious: Oh, yeah, well, you see, it's just that we're not, as yet, totally satisfied with the grounds of your claim.
Vicar: But it says something about filling my mouth in with cement.
Devious: Oh well, that's just insurance jargon, you know.
efectivenail
Location 1: USA
Location 2: California

Post by efectivenail »

I tried it with both of my cats; one accepted it well, and the other didn't even touch it. However, we recently started having urinary problems. Does anyone know how to prevent it or maintain it under control?
royamart
Location 1: USA
Location 2: USA

Post by royamart »

Each cat is individual, as every human is, so you can't apply the same rules to all the cats. Of course, it takes a while to realize what your cat likes and doesn't like. But once you figure it out, everything becomes easier. Regarding urinary problems, I had the same issue with mine, and this article on urinary wet cat food non-prescription substitute helped me a lot. I have to be honest, not everything helped, but it's worth trying. I am sure at least one or two products will be perfect for you.

Return to “Tank Talk”