My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

11th Sept 2020 :: Forum upgrade

Post by Jools »

All,

We'll be offline from 1530 GMT today with a upgrade of the forum from v3.3.0 to v3.3.1, something of a milestone as it means the software is some 20 years old. Thankfully still well maintained.
We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.3.1 "Bertie’s Twenty". This version is a maintenance and security release of the 3.3.x branch which fixes one security issue, introduces further hardening, and resolves various issues reported in previous versions.

Previous versions of phpBB did allow limiting the dimensions of images posted. This could however also be used to e.g. check for the existence of services that should only be accessible from the internal network. We would like to thank FVD for reporting this issue to us via hackerone. The issue has been assigned CVE-2020-8226.

The fixed issues include, among others, issues with using Emojis in multiple text fields, the inability to delete or mark PMs read in the UCP folder view, issues with resetting a password, and a slow search on PostgreSQL. The amount of emails sent for notifications related to topics have been improved and new and improved enable and disable mechanisms for newer profile field types have been integrated. We would like to dedicate this last addition to javiexin.

The full list of changes is available in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the release package. You can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.3.1 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=15291
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: 11th Sept 2020 :: Forum upgrade

Post by Jools »

And we're done. Minor things to fix, but we are up and running on the latest version of the core forum software.

Jools

Return to “Site Announcements”