FS: C005 Corydoras Pantanalensis

Items for sale in the United States of America and Canada.
Ltygress
My cats species list: 11 (i:7, k:0)
My BLogs: 3 (i:6, p:157)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: United States
Location 2: Georgia

FS: C005 Corydoras Pantanalensis

Post by Ltygress »

I have a few of these available. I do have one breeding pair available for $125. Male is currently in breeding color but will almost certainly lose it during transit (they usually do). I also have a couple of grown single males available for $45 each. And then I have some fry (*maybe* an inch long) that can not be sexed, for $35 each. These are the easiest to ship.

Located in the metro Atlanta area. Pick-up is always welcome.
I will ship but ONLY with UPS overnight, USPS Priority Express, or Delta/Southwest air cargo, at your expense.
(The Atlanta-area FedEx center is extremely overwhelmed and I've been waiting over a month for deliveries that are just 20 miles away. So I won't trust them at all right now!)

Live arrival is guaranteed, with certain conditions. Paypal accepted, or cash for local pick-up.
20201104_151216.jpg
pantanacory.jpg
Also possibly available:
L024, 5 inches long (SL) - $125 each
Blue-eyed Lemon Bristlenose juveniles - $10 each
Blue-eyed Lemon Bristlenose Pair - $50
Last edited by Ltygress on 27 Sep 2021, 12:54, edited 2 times in total.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: FS: C005 Corydoras Pantanalensis

Post by bekateen »

Ltygress wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 18:19I have a few of these available. I do have one breeding pair available for $125.
You're breeding pantanalensis? That's great. Not many people get them to spawn! :-BD

Do you have any breeding report details or photos?

Thanks!
Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Ltygress

Post by Ltygress »

I really haven't pinpointed exactly what gets them to breed. I do weekly water changes, usually more than 50% - I leave it barely covering the fish, and then fill it all the way back up. I don't have time to vacuum the gravel on all of them, so I just to big water changes to keep the nitrates low. But that's every week, so I doubt that would be it. And I use tap water with Seachem Prime, so it's not lower TDS (although the hatching/fry tanks to get RO/DI water now).

I also raise lots of other fish, discus, plecos, angelfish, bettas, and I'm hatching out a new batch of baby brine shrimp every day. I'll often put some of the extras in all of my tanks when I'm about to dump out the rest and start the next batch of bbs. But the breeding doesn't seem to revolve around that either.

I had a very strong powerhead in there with a sponge filter attached, just to help keep the water clear, and they did leave lots of eggs after that. But I turned it off recently because I added EB rams, and the cories laid more eggs the very next day with *lower* water flow, and again two weeks later. So that's not it.

Temperature stays the same right at about 80 degrees. Light hours are also the same - roughly 7 hours per day (because of algae problems) year-round. And they are in a dark room otherwise.

I honestly just can't figure out exactly what is making them lay eggs. I know the males have been in breeding pattern pretty much this entire year. They did have a tank leak, so I had to replace that (55G) with a brand new one, and they lost their pattern then. But two weeks later they were right back in breeding colors.

I do know Ian Fuller verified what they are in a Facebook group post I made, so they are the real thing. I just have no clue what is actually making these guys breed!
Ltygress

Post by Ltygress »

By the way, do you know of a good hosting site for photos that does NOT replace them with their logo these days?
bekateen

Post by bekateen »

Ltygress wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 20:14By the way, do you know of a good hosting site for photos that does NOT replace them with their logo these days?
Sorry I don't (I don't use image hosting sites, except here and I post on FB as "Bekateen's FishRoom"). But people can upload images directly here. And if they do it, the photos will remain until the person wants to remove them.

Ltygress wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 20:13 I really haven't pinpointed exactly what gets them to breed. I do weekly water changes, usually more than 50% - I leave it barely covering the fish, and then fill it all the way back up. I don't have time to vacuum the gravel on all of them, so I just to big water changes to keep the nitrates low. But that's every week, so I doubt that would be it. And I use tap water with Seachem Prime, so it's not lower TDS (although the hatching/fry tanks to get RO/DI water now).

I also raise lots of other fish, discus, plecos, angelfish, bettas, and I'm hatching out a new batch of baby brine shrimp every day. I'll often put some of the extras in all of my tanks when I'm about to dump out the rest and start the next batch of bbs. But the breeding doesn't seem to revolve around that either.

I had a very strong powerhead in there with a sponge filter attached, just to help keep the water clear, and they did leave lots of eggs after that. But I turned it off recently because I added EB rams, and the cories laid more eggs the very next day with *lower* water flow, and again two weeks later. So that's not it.

Temperature stays the same right at about 80 degrees. Light hours are also the same - roughly 7 hours per day (because of algae problems) year-round. And they are in a dark room otherwise.

I honestly just can't figure out exactly what is making them lay eggs. I know the males have been in breeding pattern pretty much this entire year. They did have a tank leak, so I had to replace that (55G) with a brand new one, and they lost their pattern then. But two weeks later they were right back in breeding colors.

I do know Ian Fuller verified what they are in a Facebook group post I made, so they are the real thing. I just have no clue what is actually making these guys breed!
Thank you. Much appreciated! :-) I have a friend with pantanalensis who offered his group to me. I declined for lack of tank space. But I'll pass along your info to him. Maybe he can get his to start breeding.

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Ltygress

Post by Ltygress »

Where do you upload images here? When I choose "add image" it just opens a window for a URL.
bekateen

Post by bekateen »

Ltygress wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 18:59 Where do you upload images here? When I choose "add image" it just opens a window for a URL.
When typing a post, click on the "Full Editor & Preview" button under your typing field, then look for a tab underneath labeled "attachments."
Attachments
Screenshot_20210909-113812_Chrome~2.jpg

Return to “For Sale (USA & Canada)”