Tatia intermidia fry

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Catfish-ologist
My articles: 1
My images: 3
My cats species list: 56 (i:4, k:31)
My aquaria list: 14 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:4, p:205)
My Wishlist: 46
Spotted: 94
Location 1: Alabama
Location 2: USA
Interests: Auchenipteridae, Hypancistrus, and other Catfish.

Tatia intermidia fry

Post by Catfish-ologist »

After a year-long learning curb, I finally have gotten my intermedia to fry stage. The eggs were almost hatched when I left to go on a three-day trip, I assumed they would die as usual. So I was very surprised when I came home today to 40+ fry! The rest of the egg-mass turned into a white jelly like substance, that I have never seen before. I am not sure that I should remove this since The fry swim around in it. Does anyone have ideas on what to do with this? Besides that is there anything else that I should really do to care for them other than feed them? I have attached a photo.
Screenshot 2022-02-21 6.08.19 PM.png
Thanks,
-- Sean
Oh I'm only gonna get 1 tank for 1 catfish...(every time I see a catfish)! - Sean Hensley 2021

There may be limited space for catfish tanks but there is unlimited space for catfish knowledge. - Sean Hensley 2022

Everyone has limits. not everyone accepts them. - Anonymous
characinkid
I've donated: $27.00!
My cats species list: 10 (i:3, k:9)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 3 (i:3, p:148)
My Wishlist: 5
Spotted: 10
Location 1: New England USA
Location 2: NH USA

Re: Tatia intermidia fry

Post by characinkid »

Congratulations on getting to the stage of having fry that have hatched.

I have raised a couple of batches of these and they are fun!

If it were me I would leave the egg mass in there for a couple more days and they will become free swimming and at that stage I would remove any remnants of the eggs.
I usually feed finely powered food on the surface and microworms and find that they like to eat when it is dark.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.
Too Many Tanks... Too Many fish... not enough time!!!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”