Ich/Disease on Striped Raphael?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
dexdragon
Location 1: Nashville
Location 2: Tennessee

Ich/Disease on Striped Raphael?

Post by dexdragon »

I'll preface by saying that I've never had one of these guys before this one!! I've had Nubbin now for about 3 months after my friend gave him to me. He's missing all of his fins really, except his pectorals and his actual tail. We have no idea what happened, he came in at the store she was working at like that I believe. He's thrived under my care though, I swear he's put on another full inch.

The real question is that I have no idea if what's growing on his little face is normal. I was worried until I had seen another image of a raphael with the same thing, so now I'm wondering if it's something normal that happens! I know they're scaleless so I didn't want to start dosing with meds. It doesn't affect him, it's just cosmetic it seems. To me, it looks like ich, but there's also cories and otos in with him, and none have gotten sick. And he isn't sick, he's as healthy as he's able to be! He loves food more than anything! I just want to make sure it's nothing I should worry about, this guy means a lot to me!!
nmm.png
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Re: Ich/Disease on Striped Raphael?

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

He's fine! Look at pics.
000000000.jpg
Contribute to Planet Catfish!

Use this Amazon.com link to benefit Planet Catfish!!
dexdragon

Post by dexdragon »

Dave Rinaldo wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 04:22 He's fine! Look at pics. 000000000.jpg
Awesome, just wanted to triple check!! I don't go googling images of them very often! Thanks!!
Bas Pels
My images: 1
My cats species list: 28 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: the Netherlands
Location 2: Nijmegen the Netherlands
Interests: Central American and Uruguayan fishes

Post by Bas Pels »

They can live very long. I got mine in 1989 and they died in 2020. That is 31 years later.
cats have whiskers
dexdragon

Post by dexdragon »

Bas Pels wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 07:26 They can live very long. I got mine in 1989 and they died in 2020. That is 31 years later.
That's amazing, it's such a long time! I'm absolutely prepared to give this guy his best life possible. I've definitely heard they can live a long life.
I only hope he'll be with me as long as you had yours!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”