Drugs that can be used on catfish

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
kiwidu21
My cats species list: 20 (i:4, k:5)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:17)
Spotted: 12
Location 1: France
Location 2: Côte D'Or

Drugs that can be used on catfish

Post by kiwidu21 »

Hello,

having already had several diseases in my tanks, some of which required shock treatment (use of salt), I would have liked to know if anyone had a link or a book with the products that can be used on catfish and the dosage.

As catfish (and loaches) have a specific skin, I know that certain products are to be dosed by half but it's not easy to find your way around with all that you find on the market.

I would like if possible to have the dosage limits for methylene blue, malachite green, salt (8g/L in my memories) and any other treatment that can be used on them.

If you also have product names (or photos because the use of a translator tends to change the name) I'm interested.

I found several threads on different diseases but none that gathers all the data (disease, symptoms, treatment).
fishguy1978
My cats species list: 31 (i:26, k:21)
My aquaria list: 8 (i:7)
My BLogs: 2 (i:1, p:73)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 36
Location 1: Puget Sound
Location 2: WA
Interests: Fish. I have multiple aquariums with fish from S.A, C.A., Africa, and Asia.

Re: Drugs that can be used on catfish

Post by fishguy1978 »

I have a Hoplosternum littorale that I am treating for white fuzz fungus. I have used meth blue at full strength doses and as a dip. I also have used Seachem paraguard, polyguard and kanaplex. I have also used Fritz Maracyn Oxy. I have not reduced recommended dose quantity with any of these and have noted no ill side effects.
Did you say “CATFISH!?” I’m in.
kiwidu21
My cats species list: 20 (i:4, k:5)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:17)
Spotted: 12
Location 1: France
Location 2: Côte D'Or

Re: Drugs that can be used on catfish

Post by kiwidu21 »

Thank you for your advice. I take note of these products.

Return to “Tank Talk”