TitanEze stands

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
kvnbyl
I've donated: $411.00!
My cats species list: 48 (i:0, k:3)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:1)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:13)
My Wishlist: 6
Spotted: 10
Location 1: VA
Location 2: usa
Interests: catfish, especially synos, Rainbowfish, South American cichlids

TitanEze stands

Post by kvnbyl »

does anyone have experience with this brand of metal stands?
I need to neaten things up a little and I currently have 2 - 75 gallon tanks sitting on repurposed 120 gallon (60" x 18") stands.
I thought I would buy one of these stands and get rid of the 120 stands
I look at the picture on Amazon and I'm having a tough time visualizing 3/4 of a ton sitting on a stand that doesn't look too strong
Has anyone used them and had good (or bad ) luck?
Thanks in advance
Kevin
characinkid
I've donated: $27.00!
My cats species list: 10 (i:3, k:9)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 3 (i:3, p:148)
My Wishlist: 5
Location 1: New England USA
Location 2: NH USA

Re: TitanEze stands

Post by characinkid »

Im sure lots of folks build there own stands, but I have used pre-made heavy duty stands and they look reasonable, are adjustable based on what I need and are very sturdy. Example is herehttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KQB84Y3/re ... HJ1ZQ&th=1
Mine are in black not yellow!
Too Many Tanks... Too Many fish... not enough time!!!
sturiosoma
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
My BLogs: 6 (i:4, p:175)
Location 1: United states, Ohio
Location 2: united states,elyria

Post by sturiosoma »

characinkid wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 17:47 Im sure lots of folks build there own stands, but I have used pre-made heavy duty stands and they look reasonable, are adjustable based on what I need and are very sturdy. Example is herehttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KQB84Y3/re ... HJ1ZQ&th=1
Mine are in black not yellow!
Now if it were me and the slight price difference, I'd have to go with the Dewalt you have room for 3 tanks

Jeanne
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

I use heavy duty metal shelving from Home Depot or Amazon.
Note cover on right. These are just cut pieces of masonite painted black. I glue magnets to the corners so they just stick straight to the metal shelving. I like the look it gives the fishroom.
-Shane
Attachments
20230216_180259.jpg
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
TwoTankAmin
I've donated: $4288.00!
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:48)
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Mt. Kisco, NY
Interests: Fish and Poker

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I have three of these stands. One is for 29/20L size and not currently in use. The others are first the 65 gal, but I use it for 40Bs. I have an angle-iron frame stand for my 50 but it will also work in the 65 stand. The second is their 55 gal. but I use it for a pair of 33Ls. The stands have done just fine over the years.

They claim assemble with no tools, but a hammer, preferably a rubber mallet, helps. Also the end caps are easy to get lost. they are decorative only.

I was worried about how sturdy they would be when I got my first and put it together. But I realized they have been selling these stands for a number of years. If they were prone to collapsing under the weight for which they are designed, they would have vanished from the market a long time ago. Nothing like that could be kept secret in the digital age.
No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
kvnbyl
I've donated: $411.00!
My cats species list: 48 (i:0, k:3)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:1)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:13)
My Wishlist: 6
Location 1: VA
Location 2: usa
Interests: catfish, especially synos, Rainbowfish, South American cichlids

Post by kvnbyl »

I think I am going to go with the stand,
I'm not much of a carpenter and I would need a dado head to do it right and I think a new saw, don't think my radial arm will cut it
If memory serves Foster and Smith used to sell this brand so It must be okay....... right?

Return to “Tank Talk”