Crinum plant with plecos?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Hyhy
My cats species list: 8 (i:0, k:8)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Skåne
Location 2: Sweden

Crinum plant with plecos?

Post by Hyhy »

Anybody got any info on if this is a good idea or not, mostly concerned about them eating the bulb since you need to plant it with alot of it sticking up. "Crinum calamistratum".

Got the plant and have 2 tanks that could realistically be a good fit but both have plecos in them(no shit im here :)) ). One of the tanks is for L204:s the other have a group of L200a(2 adult ones and 2 smaller).

Not that concerned about wasting the plant even if it's one that I kinda wish to see grow, moreso if they could possibly be of any danger to the plecs?

Any input is welcome hope you have a nice weekend!
naturalart
I've donated: $45.00!
My images: 3
My cats species list: 37 (i:18, k:10)
My aquaria list: 6 (i:3)
My Wishlist: 3
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Oakland
Location 2: California
Interests: catfish, nature

Re: Crinum plant with plecos?

Post by naturalart »

I've grown Crinum thianum with Ancistrus sp. along with cats from other Families and never had a problem. But can't speak to your L200's or L204's. I would imagine since your L204 likes to eat wood, it might have a go at your Crinum. my 2¢
kiwidu21
My cats species list: 20 (i:4, k:5)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:17)
Spotted: 12
Location 1: France
Location 2: Côte D'Or

Post by kiwidu21 »

Good morning,
I had it with hypostomus basilisko, hemiancistrus l200, hypancistrus l129 and ancistrus cf cirrhosus. Only the ancistrus nibbled the bulb, the others did not touch it.
Hyhy
My cats species list: 8 (i:0, k:8)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Skåne
Location 2: Sweden

Post by Hyhy »

Thank you guys, think ill try it in the L200a tank and see what happens, guess it's not likely to cause any direct problems.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”