Found a little cory, any ideas what the fellow is?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Hyhy
My cats species list: 8 (i:0, k:8)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Skåne
Location 2: Sweden

Found a little cory, any ideas what the fellow is?

Post by Hyhy »

I realize it might be tricky.

Found the little one in a plant storage tank in which I have not had any corydoras. Either he followed with a plant during some swap or he is from an egg that I may or may not have thrown in there a couple of months ago(remember thinking about doing so but can't recall I ever did).

Have a species or two in mind as possibilities but would see if anyone here can recognize it, maybe it's impossible at such a small size?
Attachments
corydoras230524.jpg
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: Found a little cory, any ideas what the fellow is?

Post by bekateen »

At that size, too small for me to tell.

But cool! Only one?

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Hyhy

Post by Hyhy »

Yes only one and it's truly somewhat of a mystery. I am also guessing it's atleast 1 month old(?) since it's clearly decently sized and I don't put any food into the tank(there are detritusworms and alot of plant matter/snails in there though so guess it found something to eat.

I would say the options for what type it is are sterbai, kanei or leucomelas, if it's from my corydoras but if it came with plants all bets are off.

I, not so, secretly wish for it to be a Sterbai since I had no luck raising fry from my group and it would be cool if it happened on it's own somehow. Would be abit sad if it's from plants and from a type I don't own myself but would be an excuse to get one more type I suppose.
Hyhy

Post by Hyhy »

Think that now it's pretty safe to say that it is indeed a sterbai. Still a mystery how it ended up in the tank but can only be from eggs with plants(moved some floating plants I guess).

Moved it over to the group of adults 1 hour or so ago and it seems very happy and keeps following the larger ones around. :YMPARTY:
Attachments
litensterbai1206.jpg
emanuel
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:4)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Italy
Location 2: Trent (Trento)

Post by emanuel »

I confirm, I also think it's a sterbai
sorry for my bad English

Return to “What is my catfish?”