New/different problem when reassigning/changing species in My Fish

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 8722
Joined: 09 Sep 2014, 17:50
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 127
My cats species list: 138 (i:102, k:35)
My aquaria list: 40 (i:17)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2372)
My Wishlist: 37
Spotted: 173
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

New/different problem when reassigning/changing species in My Fish

Post by bekateen »

bekateen wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 22:42 I got a different error when trying to move one of my fish from one species to a different species (the "Change species, keep data" link). I got this error. Unfortunately, because of something in the text, the website won't let me copy and paste the error in quotes tags. So I'm attaching the error in a screenshot:

If I paste the error as text here and then press submit to post the error, I get a different error:
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I suspect I encountered this same error, or one like it, before when trying to post something with brackets or urls in it. That experience was posted HERE.

Cheers, Eric
Hi Jools,

Last night I attempted again to move my incorrectly-ID'd Rhyacoglanis aff_pulcher to Pseudopimelodus aff_bufonius. This time I got an error message (which sadly I was not able to copy before leaving the page) which was a very short error message of a single word followed by what I recall was "(bool)"... that was all.

I presumed that the move didn't occur, but this morning I checked and discovered what I didn't expect: The fish were removed from Rhyacoglanis aff_pulcher but they were not added to Pseudopimelodus aff_bufonius. They just disappeared.

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook:;
Buying caves from Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
User avatar
Posts: 15903
Joined: 30 Dec 2002, 15:25
My articles: 197
My images: 942
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 21
Spotted: 444
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: New/different problem when reassigning/changing species in My Fish

Post by Jools »

This now works.

Post Reply

Return to “All Resolved Issues”