COMMONLY ASKED ABOUT SPECIES - Read me before posting!

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

COMMONLY ASKED ABOUT SPECIES - Read me before posting!

Post by Jools »

HOW DO I POST PICTURES HERE?
See this entry in the Forum FAQ for how to put your pictures in your posts.

COMMONLY ASKED ABOUT SPECIES - IS THIS YOUR FISH?
Please hover over these links to see pictures of fish commonly asked about. Please check before posting!

Common Pleco -
Featherfin Syno -
Iridescent Shark -
Shark Catfish -
Bristlenose Catfish -
Striped Pleco -
"Julii" Cory -
Pim pictus -
Syno -
(Asian) Upside down Catfish -

Lace Catfish / Syno -
Sailfin Pleco -
Sun Catfish -

TITLE YOUR POST IMAGINATIVELY PLEASE!!!

PLEASE DO NOT title your post with headings like "ID this pleco please...", "What is this?", "My New Catfish..." and "Help me ID this fish..." - for us moderators this becomes confusing and difficult to refer back to after a while.

So, what we REALLY want are unique titles like "ID this brown pleco", "ID this foot long silver catfish", "What is this shark catfish really?", or even "$3.99 brown fish" if that's all you have. That kind of thing really helps even if you can't get down to the ideal of "What is this Ancistrus" or so on.

Basically, try and give us some colour, size and/or background info. in your title

I bought a fish sold as a Butterfly Pleco, Hong Kong Pleco or Coldwater pleco
It's likely your fish isn't a catfish - See http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... hp?t=11324, these fish are often for sale in the same tanks as goldfish or other coldwater species.

HOW CAN I CONTRIBUTE TO THE SITE (IMAGES, INFO OR CASH)?
See this page.

Cheers,

Jools
PS

This youtube video shows a fish in the genus from Venezuela. It is uncertain what species. Folks find this video and ask for more info. This is about it.
Last edited by Jools on 13 Jun 2005, 10:29, edited 9 times in total.

Return to “What is my catfish?”