Hello Planet Catfish, from a new member to the Forums

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
cwindram
I've donated: $25.00!
Location 1: Massachusetts, USA

Hello Planet Catfish, from a new member to the Forums

Post by cwindram »

Greetings Catficionados,

Chris Windram here, I've been enjoying Planet Catfish for several months now - I have a lifelong passion for catfish, and Planet Catfish is the best online forum for Cat lovers that I've seen - the CatElog has been so helpful to me in my investigations of aquarium catfish. I hadn't kept aquariums for many years, but now that I have room, I'm again enjoying the excitement and relaxation of having
aquariums in my home.

I have two tanks - one 20 gal which has some live plants (Vallis and Microsorium) and the stars of the show are 3 Corydoras paleatus, 2 Corydoras aeneus, 5 Otocinclus, and the newest member, one young Pseudopimelodus (maybe bufonius) who seems to be a bit of a troll - hiding under the "holler log" that I made for him, and jumping out occasionally to scare the other cats. This tank is in my office where I can frequently roll my chair away from my computer over to visit those clever catfish any time I wish.

I also have a larger tank, a 40 gal in our living room, where friends and family can enjoy it. Sorry, no Corys in this tank! There are lots of live plants, plenty of tetras and rasboras, and some Clown Loaches and Arrow Loaches (Nemacheilus masyai). Both species of loaches are super-competetive, and always managed to beat the Corys to the food whenever it went in tank, hence the move from the 40 to the 20 for the Corys. The tank does have a few Otocinclus, and they are among my favorites - I call them "Nibblers". They get togther in little catfish powwows when the lights go down at about 8 in the evening.

I'm slightly paranoid that I have a problem in the small tank, so I'll make a post on the South American Callicthydae
page with my questions - perhaps someone with more experience than I have will be able to offer some suggestions.

Many thanks to Planet Catfish for providing a forum for catfish lovers worldwide.

Best wishes to all Cats and their keepers,

Chris Windram
Massachusetts
medaka
Expert
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 5
My images: 66
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:1)
Spotted: 28
Location 1: Runcorn.
Location 2: Cheshire.UK