- By using any ARN website you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of any ARN website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to any ARN website.
- The owner may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of any ARN website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on any ARN website (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
- You agree to use any ARN website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of any ARN website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within any ARN website.
- Please contact the copyright owners directly (copyright details are shown for each image) to negotiate terms and conditions for any use. Please note that many of the contributors are commercial operators, and may request a fee for such use.
- No ARN website will ever pass personal information to a third party.
- Email from ARN websites is limited to updates on information you have supplied or with parts of the web site you have interacted with.
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on any ARN website and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in any ARN website (which includes other contributors). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use any ARN website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any any ARN website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of any ARN website content requires the prior written permission of the owner.
- The names, images and logos identifying any ARN website or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the any ARN website and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of any ARN website or any other third party.
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, audio) with any ARN website you agree to grant to any ARN website, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for any any ARN website service in any media worldwide.
- Any financial donation to the site is deemed solely in respect of any ARN website's operational costs. Specifically it does not provide any additional rights, service or benefit to the donor.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- In order that any ARN website can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give any ARN website permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
- We normally show your name with your contribution. any ARN website may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects. Contact will always be via email.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with any ARN website.
- If you do not want to grant any ARN website the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with any ARN website.
- If you have any questions about contributing content to any ARN website, please see our "Contribute!" page.
- In order to participate in and contribute to the any ARN website forum you are required to register with any ARN website.
- You agree to use any ARN website forum in accordance with the following Community rules.
- About your contributions (posts, data entered etc)
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable. Don't be a troll.
- Be patient: users of all ages, nationalities and abilities may be taking part.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No unsolicitied advertising or promoting.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local forum.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if relevant to the topic, post or poster. This includes signatures.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
- Your ARN website account
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
- All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that update, confirmation and moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
- any ARN website reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple any ARN website accounts or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any part of any ARN website.
- Legal requirements
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in any ARN website communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material to a any ARN website community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with any ARN website communities only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of the any ARN website or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- If you're under 16
- Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any any ARN website community.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
- If you breach these community rules
- If you fail to abide by these community rules (and/or any variations in relevant local house rules) when taking part in a any ARN website community, you will be informed why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
- This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of any ARN website community areas.
- If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any any ARN website forum or anywhere else on any ARN website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any ARN website, and we consider such behaviour to be serious and / or repeated, any ARN website may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, ISP or email provider about the infringement(s).
- any ARN website reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any any ARN website account, at any time, for any reason.
- The majority of content posted in any ARN website community is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of any ARN website. Any ARN website is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on any ARN website or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through any ARN website. Any links to third party websites from any ARN website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by any ARN website and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- Any ARN website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to any ARN website, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, any ARN website excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. any ARN website does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by any ARN website is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of any ARN website for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes any ARN website 's liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, any ARN website shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of any ARN website regardless of the form of action.
- Any ARN website do not warrant that functions available on any ARN website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that any ARN website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of any ARN website to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive any ARN website's right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Scots Law which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
PlanetCatfish.com is part of the Aquatic Republic Network (ARN) group of websites.
A great many people are involved in the continual growth of these sites. Equally great effort is taken to ensure that these contributors are credited and their work should not be undermined by careless piracy or malicious theft. All ARN sites are free; please don't abuse them, be moral, even contribute; but your adherence to the following terms will help keep them free. If you can't be bothered reading them all know that, by using the site in any capacity, then you fully agree to the terms. Furthermore, all images and text published within any ARN domain are Copyright ©. No material may be reproduced anywhere, by any means, without written specific consent from the owner.
Access to and use of any ARN website, globally, is provided soley on the following terms:
Use of any ARN website
Use of Images
Privacy, Use of Personal Information and Email
Contributions to any ARN website
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Back to General Articles index.