How to feed bottom dwellers, but not greedy fish??

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from other parts of the world (North America, Europe and Australia). If you don't know where your catfish is from, post a query in the identification category.
secuono
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:2)
Location 2: Va

How to feed bottom dwellers, but not greedy fish??

Post by secuono »

So my dim discus decided to hunt out and stuff himself on wafers like a holiday turkey. He's floating around, bloated, pooping, added salt, he should make it if he keeps on pooping.

Anyway, I need to find a better way to feed plecos and corydoras. Night time feeding is clearly not good enough, nor safe what-so-ever.

In the tank are six discus, two 2-3in plecos and 6 green cory cats. Heavily planted and two large cichlid stones. I can't use the stones because the discus love to go into them and check them out. Hiding wafers behind wood and thick plants also doesn't work.

What do you guys use if midnight feeding and general hiding of foods doesn't work?

I'm thinking of getting long sections of pvc and putting the wafer in there, but that will cause fights between the plecos and the cories beat each other up trying to get at the food. So maybe find a large concave wood to put wafers under and tie plants to the top of it??
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Re: How to feed bottom dwellers, but not greedy fish??

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Pipes work. I'd think if you dump enough food via a pipe or several pipes quickly, there should be no fighting. In addition one may combine the darkness with pipes.
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com

Return to “Other Catfishes”