Hello Everyone

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Bioaquatix
My cats species list: 8 (i:1, k:0)
Location 1: FL
Location 2: Florida

Hello Everyone

Post by Bioaquatix »

Just wanted to post a little info about me and my business. My name is Andres and I have breeding and producing fish for the past 20 years. I have worked on numerous Florida fish farms over the years. I started off raising African Cichlids then new world Cichlids followed by tetras, barbs and cyprinids and now mostly catfish and loaches.

Primarily we were selling wholesale but are now working on selling retail and direct to stores. Some fish we are raising have the potential to be large volume fish but others are more suited for retail. Some of longest working projects are cardinal tetras and clown loaches both of which we are currently producing on the farm. We believe in sustainable aquaculture. We also realize that in the near future several unique habitats for some of them most loved fish in the world will disappear. We are trying to produce fish that may not be available from the wild anymore.

I am looking forward to learning and sharing experiences from this great community of Planetcatfish.com
Current Breeding projects; Clown Loach, Cardinal Tetras, Royal Farlowela, Panda Gara, Panda Loach.

http://www.bioaquatix.com
mikeyrose
Location 1: Clark, NJ
Location 2: Clark, NJ
Interests: Many, many...but fishes are my favorite animals after dogs. And the kittyfish family is my overall favorite freshwater one. =]

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by mikeyrose »

Hi there, Andres. :) Just want to say that I think what you're doing is awesome. I have always wanted to be able to work with fish...breeding or selling or caring for them...but although I'm a total fish geek compared to the average person, I'm still basically a "newbie" (maybe early intermediate-level/moderately experienced) by the standards of most of this site's users!
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Post by Richard B »

Welcome to Planet Catfish
Lou: Every young man's fantasy is to have a three-way.
Jacob: Yeah not with another fu**!ng guy!
Lou: It's still a three-way!

Hot Tub Time Machine: 2010
Narwhal72
I've donated: $100.00!
My cats species list: 100 (i:0, k:3)
My BLogs: 29 (i:0, p:400)
Spotted: 32
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Milwaukee, WI
Interests: Whiptails, hoplo cats, corys, plecos

Post by Narwhal72 »

Hi Andres,

Did you used to live over in Palm Bay and do some work for a guy named Steve in Indian River?

If so, I did some "interning" for you back in '94.

Andy
Bioaquatix

Post by Bioaquatix »

Yes, I do. That was quite a while ago. :-BD
Current Breeding projects; Clown Loach, Cardinal Tetras, Royal Farlowela, Panda Gara, Panda Loach.

Narwhal72
I've donated: $100.00!
My cats species list: 100 (i:0, k:3)
My BLogs: 29 (i:0, p:400)
Spotted: 32
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Milwaukee, WI
Interests: Whiptails, hoplo cats, corys, plecos

Post by Narwhal72 »

Glad to hear your still around. That was a long time ago. I had a great time and learned a lot working on the farm that year.

I am still in the industry too. But now I am more on the equipment and manufacturing side than the livestock side.

Andy
Bioaquatix

Post by Bioaquatix »

Good to hear. I have refocused my efforts over the past two years and am making significant progress. The kids are a little older now so there is a little more time for the business.

Return to “Speak Easy”