I was wondering if my weekly water change AND syphoning/vacuuming of the gravel/sand, is disturbing my tank unnessesarily.
I can see 3 ways of doing it.
1. Do the water change while you syphon waste. This is disturbing everything in the aquarium quite a bit.
2. Just do the water change, without syphoning. Hose down, drain, and pour in clean water. Less disturbance
3. Trickle water change. Having a constant flow of clean water drops, and an overflow to get rid of excess water. No disturbance.
I do the first, every week, but I'm considering 2 or 3.
How do you guys do it?
- Posts: 3544
- Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm
- I've donated: $40.00!
- My articles: 2
- My images: 26
- My cats species list: 70 (i:38, k:43)
- My aquaria list: 27 (i:11)
- My BLogs: 18 (i:62, p:907)
- My Wishlist: 21
- Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
- Location 2: USA, California, Stockton
See this thread. It might provide you some answers.
Opinions about stirring sand or gravel during weekly water changes?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests