Full house?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Full house?

Post by catfishchaos »

Hello everyone!

I have not been participating a whole lot as of late, between exams and some other personal struggles I have really only had it in me to watch from a far. However with school out, a serious catfish addiction and some life changes I believe I'm ready to get back on track!

I've decided to get a group of 6-8 for my 8.5 gallon!

Since I'm ordering from Oliver I need to meet a minimal order and the amount of I want doesn't quite meet that. Now catfish people know how rude Oliver is, Always ordering such amazing catfish and then teasing us with some of the highest quality photos and videos, its just not right. On this occasion he a group of 5 ...

I want those ...

However much I want them I don't want to over stock the tank. The tank is a 55 gallon (LxWxH =48x13x20 inches) and it residents at the moment are:
25-26
2 (not sure of this as they are both awfully small)

Decor is sparse in the tank as you can see however everybody can hide pretty well (except for big betha who just presses herself between the dragon stone and the glass but she seems content there for some reason. Filtration is a Fluval 306 canister (power heads are never on, they were put in when a different fish was planned and still to be removed).
Just wanted your thoughts on wether a group of 5 would be to much for the space.

Thanks in Advance!
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Re: Full house?

Post by catfishchaos »

I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”