Corydoras Weitzmani

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Rantosa
Location 1: New Zealand

Corydoras Weitzmani

Post by Rantosa »

i have got 6 of these fish. I am sure that i have 4Females and 2 males. I have gottem 4 spawns from them before and non of their eggs have been fertile/fungused within 2-3 days. All ranged from 12-27 eggs.
But today i had a spawn of 46 eggs. As usual i collected the eggs and put them in a small ice-cream container with an airstone and MB. Then attached it to the side of the parents tank. I have done this with other cory eggs and everything went well, but why do these cories keep giving me problems.
Any suggestions will be much appriciated.
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

I would suggest that you remove three of the females and see how the two males get along with just one female. You are probably having females release eggs without actually mating.

Ian
Rantosa
Location 1: New Zealand

Post by Rantosa »

hi and thanx for the reply
Yes i will do that. will try the biggest female with the males.
Bwhiskered
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Burlington,Ontario,Canada
Interests: Fish, Fishing, Gardening

Re: Corydoras Weitzmani

Post by Bwhiskered »

Rantosa wrote:i have got 6 of these fish. I am sure that i have 4Females and 2 males. I have gottem 4 spawns from them before and non of their eggs have been fertile/fungused within 2-3 days. All ranged from 12-27 eggs.
But today i had a spawn of 46 eggs. As usual i collected the eggs and put them in a small ice-cream container with an airstone and MB. Then attached it to the side of the parents tank. I have done this with other cory eggs and everything went well, but why do these cories keep giving me problems.
Any suggestions will be much appriciated.
Try keeping the eggs in the dark. Many eggs are sensitive to the UV rays from flourescent lights. Often fish just starting to spawn lay bad eggs.
Good fish are spawned and raised in Burlington.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”