Catfish Convention

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
George
Location 1: Reston, Virginia
Interests: fish

Post by George »

madattiver wrote: wish i could have made this one.. *sigh*.. maybe next time
What makes you think there would be a next time? We figured everyone would be tired of this. Who wants to go to Merryland again?

George
pturley
I've donated: $66.00!
My articles: 2
My images: 16
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post by pturley »

I will. I might even try be the first person registered again!
But next time you should have people pre-order the glasses.

BTW: I love the hat...
Sincerely,
Paul E. Turley
madattiver
My cats species list: 35 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:114)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada

Post by madattiver »

George wrote:
What makes you think there would be a next time? We figured everyone would be tired of this. Who wants to go to Merryland again?

George
because we are catfish junkies and can't kick a good habit??? sound like a good enough reason.. lol...\\and next time i will have advance planning for this one... plenty of time to plan and save for all the fish i would bring back in my suitcase. ;)
George
Location 1: Reston, Virginia
Interests: fish

Post by George »

Catfish people are the best. Thanks for coming and insist that we do it even better next time.

George
Julie
I've donated: $100.00!
My cats species list: 42 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Pottstown, PA
Location 2: Pottstown, PA
Interests: fish, kids, horses, karate

Post by Julie »

Dave,

Your fish are well on their way home to you for a modest $44.70 instead of over $300!! I'd like to try some of whatever that lady was on that quoted you the price!! Anyway, they'll be at the airport for you tomorrow, having overnighted in Houston. Twas great to meet you, and a pleasure to have your fish overnight at my house!!

And George, of course we want another!! Just wish it didn't have to be every two years... tho maybe the West coast would pick up the slack, and have it on the other every other year cycle???

Andrew, Emily, Dan, and all the others of the PVAS.... THANKS!!!!
syno321
I've donated: $127.00!
My articles: 2
My cats species list: 33 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Edmonton,Alberta, Canada
Location 2: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

convention

Post by syno321 »

It was another great success and a good time was had by all. Like a previous message said, egos were parked at the door and everyone was there to learn and have fun, not necessarily in that order. One noticable improvement from the last one was the number of vendors selling their quality stock at the hotel. It almost made traipsing around to the local stores redundant. Of course then we might not have seen the excellent job that Andrew has done at his new establishment, Scales. Thanks for the advice on the box camoflage Barbie, it worked well and all the fish arrived safe and sound, even without heat packs! To be sure I'll be at the next one, Paul
Ask not...
madattiver
My cats species list: 35 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:114)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada

Post by madattiver »

ohh Paul, what did you bring home to add to your nice collection up there in Edmonton???

Adam
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

Lampy wrote:Dave,

Your fish are well on their way home to you for a modest $44.70 instead of over $300!! I'd like to try some of whatever that lady was on that quoted you the price!! Anyway, they'll be at the airport for you tomorrow, having overnighted in Houston. Twas great to meet you, and a pleasure to have your fish overnight at my house!!

And George, of course we want another!! Just wish it didn't have to be every two years... tho maybe the West coast would pick up the slack, and have it on the other every other year cycle???

Andrew, Emily, Dan, and all the others of the PVAS.... THANKS!!!!
Thanks to Julie (Frybabies) and Barbie for (babysitting me) getting my fish home!!!
Andrew
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:21)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: Ellicott City, Maryland

Post by Andrew »

I can't stress enough that the quality of the convention attendees made this the great event that it was. We can do our best planning, schedule the best speakers, offer our best hospitality but without the great people who came to the convention, it wouldn't have been what it was.

Thanks again to everyone who came.

Return to “Speak Easy”