Review of Pareuchiloglanis - Lancangjiang drainage in China

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
lfinley58
Expert
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 3
My images: 3
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Margate
Location 2: Florida USA
Interests: Catfishes (all), Aquarium History

Review of Pareuchiloglanis - Lancangjiang drainage in China

Post by lfinley58 »

A review of the genus Pareuchiloglanis (Sisoridae) from the Lancangjiang (upper
Mekong River) with descriptions of two new species from Yunnan, China
XU LI, WEI ZHOU1, ALFRED W. THOMSON, QING ZHANG & YING YANG

Abstract
This study reports five species of Pareuchiloglanis in the Lancangjiang drainage of China, including descriptions of two new species: P. abbreviatus sp. nov., P. gracilicaudata, P. kamengensis, P. myzostoma and P. prolixdorsalis sp. nov. The two new species are distinguished from P. feae, P. poilanei, P. sichuanensis and P. tianquanensis by a shorter adipose-fin base and the adipose-fin base being separated from the caudal fin, differ from P. sinensis, P. macrotrema, P. longicauda and P. rhabdurus by a more restricted gill opening (not reaching the base of the first pectoral-fin element ventrally), and differ from P. songmaensis by an anal-fin ray count of ii-3-4 (vs. ii-8). Pareuchiloglanis abbreviatus is distinguished from congeners by the tip of the dorsal fin reaching the origin of the adipose fin when depressed. Pareuchiloglanis prolixdorsalis is distinguished from P. gongshanensis, P. macropterus and P. kamengensis by lacking a sulcus between the lower lip and the base of the maxillary barbel, and differs from P. anteanalis by the shorter pectoral fin, the pectoral fin not reaching to the origin of pelvic fin. It differs from P. gracilicaudata, P. myzostoma, P. nebulifer and P. robusta by a caudal-fin ray count of 6+7 (vs. 7+8), and differs from P. abbreviatus by the tip of dorsal fin not reaching to the origin of the adipose fin when depressed (vs. reaching). It differs from P. songdaensis by the distance between the origin of the pelvic fin to the base of the anal fin being longer than that to the mouth (vs. equal).

http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2007f/zt01440p019.pdf
lfinley58
Expert

Thanks Racoll

Post by lfinley58 »

Racoll - Thanks for past instructions on getting the abstract and link together in the same place. All I have to do now is figure out how to get the text to not be so spread out.

Also, I don't know how the "little faces" got into the body of the abstract. It appears to have something to do with the number "8".

Lee
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

I modified your post to "disable smilies", which is the faces - in particular

Code: Select all

8)
forms a "smilie-face-with-(sun)glasses" like this 8)

--
Mats
lfinley58
Expert

Thanks MatsP

Post by lfinley58 »

Thanks MatsP for the explanation and getting rid of the faces. Also, for tightening up the text. Do you know why the text got so spread out?

I am putting this here to keep a continuity of discussion. If you want to move it elsewhere for any answers please do so.

Lee
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: Thanks MatsP

Post by MatsP »

lfinley58 wrote:Thanks MatsP for the explanation and getting rid of the faces. Also, for tightening up the text. Do you know why the text got so spread out?
I didn't do that... Maybe some other moderator took pity and fixed that [I didn't see it as a problem and missed it in your comments].

The way to format the width of the text is to manually insert a newline (hit the enter-key) to limit the length of the line.

--
Mats
lfinley58
Expert

lines

Post by lfinley58 »

Thanks MatsP. The Abstract had looked ok when I imported it, but next time I will double check on my preview.

Thanks to the unknown Moderator.

Lee

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”