Bloated bumblebee catfish

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Bigdan
Location 1: Greensboro, NC U.S.A.
Interests: CATFISH for sure,movies,music, and all types of freshwater aquaria

Bloated bumblebee catfish

Post by Bigdan »

Hi y'all, I just purchased a bumblebee (south american) catfish 3 days ago. It looked fine and healthy. After becoming acclimated and finding it's own little hiding place I was sure it was alright. Tonight when feeding my fish, it came out for it's dinner and what a sight I saw. It's belly was quite bloated-almost ready to pop! Is this normal because of their gorging nature? I would appreciate any comments or advise. THANX-Bigdan
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Yeah, that's just the fish being its greedy self. You have to watch it with those feedings.
Scott
Location 1: Australia
Interests: Fish Tanks and more Fish Tanks

Fat BumbleBee

Post by Scott »

I have 2 of them, and yes it is a worry mine are the same, i have had mine for 2 months, cute little guys.. they dont seem to be getting any fatter but with in 3 days of getting them they looked like they had eaten 10 years worth. The past 2 days i have feed the other fish in the tank with flake food to see if they drop a few pounds, i feel meen about it but it cant be good for them being that fat !.. :?
FatCat
Location 1: Kansas USA
Interests: Fish, Wildlife, Computers, Music

Post by FatCat »

Thats pretty much what i do. They sure pigs.
Bigdan
Location 1: Greensboro, NC U.S.A.
Interests: CATFISH for sure,movies,music, and all types of freshwater aquaria

Post by Bigdan »

Thank you all for your responses. The bb cats are doing well, hardly ever see them-only at feeding time! I think they live to EAT!!! :P :P

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”