good exporters in SA

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
worton[pl]
My images: 2
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:2)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Lublin, Poland
Location 2: Warsaw, Poland
Interests: catfishes, motorcycles

good exporters in SA

Post by worton[pl] »

Hello guys!

Been some time since my last visit but I had a lot of work. I've done preparing a 200 square meters building for my new buisness :).

Technically almost everything is done. Now I need a good exporter in Southern America. I was searching an internet for past few days and I've found a few. Only one was helpful and looked like serious buisness partner. However I know a lot of you have much more experience and would like to hear if you know a good exporter. If it is not right to post names of companies here in public, please let me know via private message :). In Poland there is no such an importer like I'm going to be so it is hard to organise everything properly ;).

By good exporter I mean a person who is ready to find rare species for me, who has healthy fish and low mortality rate during shipping :) even with higher prices. I won't save money on fish ;). I hear that some exporters in SA use some chemicall stuff to catch fish - I would like to avoid those exporters.

Thanks!
Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Steppenwolf, Born to Be Wild
kim m
My cats species list: 49 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Denmark
Interests: Pike and Carpfishing, Aquariums (mainly corys)

Re: good exporters in SA

Post by kim m »

I visited Stingray Aquarium SAC in Iquitos, Peru a couple of years ago. It seemed like they had everything organized and some good people to catch and look after the fish.

I saw a lot of rarities there, especially Corys.

The fish I caught myself made it home to Denmark (approx. 70 specimens ...ancistrus, killis, corys, tetras etc.) with only 2 casualties.

I know quite a few people who have been working with this exporter and mostly it has been good. there was one incident where they forgot to label bags with Apistogramma females for a shop here in Denmark so it was a bit confusing to find out wich is wich...but it is the only trouble I have heard of with this exporter.

There's an exporter i Belém, Brazil who ships some very nice and rare corys...can't remember the nane though :?
Best regards,
Kim M
-----------
Catfish Study Group
Guardians of Catfish
Skive Akvarieforening

Return to “Speak Easy”