My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Planet Catfish Announcement: 2 November 2003

Post by Silurus »

Here we are in the penultimate month of 2003! This, of course, means it?s time for another Catfish of the Month (CotM). We did consider a Halloween themed catfish (and there are plenty candidates), but plumped for a North American catfish instead. The Yellow Bullhead (Ameiurus natalis) gets the treatment this month, once again courtesy of Heok Hee Ng'?s hard-worked keyboard.

As we continue to publish CotM articles at a steady pace (this month also sees the CotM feature into it?s 8th year!) we have something in the region of 84 articles in the section and I though it about time we re-jigged the index lists a bit. To this end you will find a cosmetically refreshed version of the index by date and a new index by family. These are additionally linked to the cat-elog entries for that species! Now how?s that for joined up content?

November should see a few taxonomical changes (groans and cheers) along with the continuing additions of pictures of new species.

A couple of other points of note: All new forum users must specific a location when registering (the reasons behind this can be found in the forum). Secondly, we now have our interactive FAQ section up and running and hope to populate it somewhat over the coming months. If you are a registered forum member, you can post questions there and we will answer them if they are deemed "Frequent" enough.

Until next time, happy catfish keeping,

Return to “Site Announcements”