Stopping a filter leaking

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
skinnypaul
Location 1: london

Stopping a filter leaking

Post by skinnypaul »

Hi,
I'm in the process of setting up a tank with in my living room with an Eheim external. I know I'm being a bit paranoid, but I'm terrified that the tubing between the inlet/outlet and the filter is going to come loose and flood the room.
I think spending a day replacing water damaged flooring recently has put it the front of my mind!
Is there any way I can bond the tubing to the inlet and the spray bar? I was thinking about using epoxy stuff that gets used for fixing rockwork in tanks. Not too worried about righting off the inlet if I need to replace the tubing - it's worth it for peace of mind!
Any suggestions welcome!
magnum4
Location 1: UK wirral
Interests: all things aquatic.

Post by magnum4 »

you can use silicon if you want.

You can also by fluval fittings that conect to inlet and outlet pipe and hold on to the side of the glass.
Tolak
Location 1: Chicago
Interests: animals, home improvement, guitar

Post by Tolak »

Radiator hose clamps might be a little overkill, but that's what I would use. Don't tighten them down too tight on plastic, it may crack. Paint 'em green to match and you should be good to go.
skinnypaul
Location 1: london

Post by skinnypaul »

Thanks for the advice guys. Silicon it is!

Return to “Tank Talk”