Ageneiosus marmoratus info wanted

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Steve GT
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Gainsborough, Lincs

Re: Ageneiosus marmoratus info wanted

Post by Steve GT »

But of an update for you guys

moved house now got a much bigger 250l tank set up and got all my other bigger fish in there. This meant I could keep the Marmaratus in the 150l tank on his own. So he's got his own tank now. Running a big external and internal filter as well as a nice big air rock and 16 tropical plants. So iv followed your guys advice he has real plants plenty of air and nice clean water

As for feeding it's been hard and taken a lot of patience but I got his from worms to white bait and now he's consistently eating massivore pellets which I'm very happy about. I'm currently on the hunt for another Marmaratus to put in with him but it's going to be hard to find someone selling one.

Thanks for all the advice anyway guys you've been brilliant. If anyone comes across one for sale please let me know :)
Martin S
I've donated: $20.00!
My images: 9
My cats species list: 90 (i:19, k:0)
Spotted: 17
Location 1: Guildford, Surrey
Location 2: UK
Interests: Aquatics

Post by Martin S »

That's good news Steve. Thanks for sharing.
You could try contacting Wildwoods or Pier and asking - I'm sure the former has has some in before, and most likely they both have.
Martin
Steve GT

Post by Steve GT »

Just this minute hot a call from wharf aquatics in Nottingham. Richard who works there's got hold of 6 for me I'm going to take 3 or 4 off him. Yay finially some friends for him :)
Martin S
I've donated: $20.00!
My images: 9
My cats species list: 90 (i:19, k:0)
Spotted: 17
Location 1: Guildford, Surrey
Location 2: UK
Interests: Aquatics

Post by Martin S »

More great news - excellent! What sort of size difference betwen yours and the ones at Wharf?
More pics to follow then :)
Steve GT

Post by Steve GT »

Guessing they will be pretty small as the price is between 35 and 40 quid. Depending how small they are I may have to put the partition back in the tank as I don't want te Marmaratus eating them lol

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”