Inverted fishes tank

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Birger
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 112
My cats species list: 49 (i:43, k:0)
Spotted: 35
Location 1: Edmonton,Alberta
Location 2: Canada

Inverted fishes tank

Post by Birger »

Was taking some pictures tonight and thought I would show a build I have going based on inverted swimming fishes...mostly Synodontis of course.

The tank is 16 x 20 high by 36 inches long.

I surface feed this tank with floating foods to go with the inverted theme.

As of yet there is no background but am working on a diarama type with more branches in it. The wall color is darker than shown due to the flash so looks okay as is for a background.

Took a few quick pictures tonight.

Yes I know, Cryptocoryne are not correct to Africa but there is also a small Mystus in the tank, I do have some anubias to go in but actually like the open spaces as it is good for viewing the synos.
P7103325.JPG
P7103326.JPG
P7103322.JPG
A schoal of and five juvenile that I picked up in the UK
P7103247.JPG
P7103284 (3).jpg
P7103283 (2).jpg
P7103313 (2).jpg
There are a few other fish which ended up in here...one of my favourite Cichlids also brought back from the UK
The little gal is not even an inch long but has been in the little overturned pot since the weekend so the picture of the female is a few weeks old.
P7083152 (2).jpg
P6172908.JPG
The same Mystus in image one here (which also swim inverted) is in the tank for now while still small where it hides I can not get a good shot yet.
Also currently have a couple female females in the tank
P7103213 (2).jpg
Attachments
P7103292 (2).jpg
Birger
bigbird
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Sydney, Australia
Location 2: Sydney, Australia
Interests: Ls, Fish, Aquatics, Viszlas and Family

Re: Inverted fishes tank

Post by bigbird »