Corydoras arcuatus "red and gold"???

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
König Löwe
Location 1: Bodø, Northern Norway
Interests: The "passion" for fish has subsided somewhat the last couple years, only currently keeping two corys and what might be an LDA-33, as catfish goes.

Corydoras arcuatus "red and gold"???

Post by König Löwe »

I visited my lfs today and looked at a group of five cories labeled "Corydoras arculatus". Their colour was pinnkish/red and they had a gold stripe running from the head and a few centimeters towards the tail.

So, I told a guy i knwo who works there that this couldn't be C. arcuatus, but he insisted it was a C. arcuatus colour morph. The shape of the fish was quite different from the shape of arcuatus, and I said that i thought it was a colour variant of C. aenus, since it seems that there is allready a lot of colour variants of that fish.

To get to the point, Is there a Corydoras arcuats with the described colours or is it just a fancy aeneus?
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

This is the trade working again, as you say, these fish are within the so called 'aeneus' group.

Ian
zebra_pl*co
Location 1: Surrey, UK
Interests: catfish - especially L numbers

Post by zebra_pl*co »

i have two of the same thing, we were sold them as "florescent orange cory's", we get them home, i spent two minutes online , and find they are just "aeneus cory's".
I was totally over charged at £18 for three ( one died unfortunatley ), but they do look nice, when they are very happy their clear fins have a yellow glow to them.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”