Strange baryancistrus demantoides death

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
bigamefish
My images: 5
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: birtle mb
Location 2: manitoba canada
Interests: anything catfish!!!! also in the summer i am a full time sport fisherman and winter is downhill skiing and icefishing

Strange baryancistrus demantoides death

Post by bigamefish »

Well two days ago i walked past my tank to find that my L-200 was on its back and had very laboured breathing so i immediatley checked my params to see if that was the problem! Nope everything was normal (i would have listed params but i threw out the test strip) There was no fighting or battle wounds on him or anything that would have alarmed me exept some little orangey red dots just above his stomach! They didn`t rub off or anything! One thing i wondered was that it might have been old age? we bought him full grown so could that be it? No other fish have been showing signs of stress or anything. I`ll be happy to provied any additional info needed.
Thanks
"Fishing provides that connection with the whole living world. It gives you the opportunity of being totally immersed, turning back into yourself in a good way. A form of meditation, some form of communion with levels of yourself that are deeper than the ordinary self."

Ted Hughes
mpfsr
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: ohio

Re: Strange baryancistrus demantoides death

Post by mpfsr »

Personally I would start by getting a good liquid test kit.. Paper strips are inaccurate at best.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”