Corydoras seussi temperatures

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Corydoras seussi temperatures

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

I have these available but need to stay away from fish that don't like my fishroom here in Texas!!

Cat-eLog, , suggests
Temperature 22.0-26.0°C or 71.6-78.8°F
where Corydoras World says
They also prefer warmer temperatures in the range of 26ºC - 30ºC (79ºF - 86ºF).
Contribute to Planet Catfish!

Use this Amazon.com link to benefit Planet Catfish!!
Coryologist
I've donated: $200.00!
My images: 11
My cats species list: 70 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 5
Location 1: Laurel Lake, NJ
Location 2: Laurel Lake, NJ
Interests: Fancy Guppies, Cory Cats, Digital Photography, DV, Triumph Motorcycles

Re: Corydoras seussi temperatures

Post by Coryologist »

Greetings, Dave. Ian brought it to my attention when he visited my fish room that it would be better if I increased the temp on my lovely group of this species. They have been kept in the mid-70's for years with no losses (knock on wood) but not once have I witnessed anything resembling what you would call "spawning behavior." Perhaps a large warm-up is just what they need. I plan to try to redo their tank in the next few days.

If by any chance you would like to part with your group, I'd be happy to give them a very nice home. :-)

Please PM me if you would be interested in a sale or trade. Cheers. - Frank
corylady
Location 2: davie, florida

Post by corylady »

i am not familiar with seussi's. i breed orange lasers and trilineatus. it depends on where ur catfish hails from. lower altitude breeds like warmer water; higher fish prefer colder. mylasers r 3 mos. out of peru high country. i keep all my tanks at 74. i also breed trilineatus (from pet stores) but they also like the 74 degrees. they come from equador and peru. they spawn readily in the chilly water after doing water changes; mimicing rainy season in s. america.
Coryologist
I've donated: $200.00!
My images: 11
My cats species list: 70 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 5
Location 1: Laurel Lake, NJ
Location 2: Laurel Lake, NJ
Interests: Fancy Guppies, Cory Cats, Digital Photography, DV, Triumph Motorcycles

Post by Coryologist »

corylady wrote:i am not familiar with seussi's. i breed orange lasers and trilineatus. it depends on where ur catfish hails from. lower altitude breeds like warmer water; higher fish prefer colder. mylasers r 3 mos. out of peru high country. i keep all my tanks at 74. i also breed trilineatus (from pet stores) but they also like the 74 degrees. they come from equador and peru. they spawn readily in the chilly water after doing water changes; mimicing rainy season in s. america.
Thanks for your input, but unfortunately the degree of difficulty to spawn C. trilineatus or CW10's, compared to C. seussi, should not even be mentioned in the same breath. I do have 80+ species of Corys spawned under my belt, but many, many more that I have kept for years and have never seen any pre-spawning behavior, let alone an egg. This group is on that list.

Not an easy species in anyone's estimation or they'd be readily available at reasonable prices. In the US, they still generally bring $40 to $50 each and I'm not aware of anyone in the US documenting a spawning. Cheers. - Frank
kim m
My cats species list: 49 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Denmark
Interests: Pike and Carpfishing, Aquariums (mainly corys)

Post by kim m »

Ian bred them, so 26-30 would be my first choice.
Best regards,
Kim M
-----------
Catfish Study Group
Guardians of Catfish
Skive Akvarieforening

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”