L 351-354

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Mika
Location 1: Helsinki,Finland

L 351-354

Post by Mika »

Translated
L-numbers: Further Harnischwelse from Peru and Brazil in Datz 12/2003 was already introduced several aquaristisch new Harnischwelse from these two countries. Further geht?s! In the import endings of the Loricariiden L 350 illustrated in Datz 11/2003 one finds frequently a Panaqolus kind, which receives the code number L 351 here. Since both welse in their Habitus look very similar (very long tail fin filaments and extremely small eyes), become it of Peruvian export your mostly kind only one as a member offered. The assumption lies near that both kinds occur syntop. Above all juvenile animals let themselves be differentiated only by a view into the muzzle from each other: L 351 has? for Panaqolus typically? only few spoon-shaped, L 350 however numerous be enough and sharpen teeth. Also coloured there are differences: The new Panaqolus kind possesses an irregular?Punkt and line sample? on grey underground. The body colouring of L 350 is in contrast to it uniformly anthracite coal to black without recognizable design. Only all fins are clearly getuepfelt and or broken. The final size of L 351 is not well-known me; the largest so far animals imported by Transfish were approximately twelve centimeters long. From the Rio Iriri (Pará, Brazil) originates a Ancistrus kind, which was introduced together with Hopliancistrus frame (L 171). L 352 is reliably an enriching for the Aquaristik, since it apparent concerns a remaining smaller kind. From the color dress it resembles Knaack at the earliest Ancistrus claro, 1999 from the Rio Claro (Mato Grosso). L 353 reminds very strongly of the Oligancistrus kind L 16, which is called frequently wrongly Oligancistrus punctatissimus (Steindachner, coming from Altamira, 1882). Both kinds exhibit the same color dress, a black grundfaerbung with fine white Tuepfeln. With L 353 the Puenktchen is somewhat smaller and can disappear in stress situations completely. While the Tuepfel of the?Original l 16? (Datz 3 1989) on the hand admission outside of the water not to see are, shows here illustrated L 16 (aquarium photo!), its bright Puenktchen very clearly. L 16 and L 353 have? compared with other Oligancistrus kinds? extremely large moving and schwanzflossen (with the Oligancistrus kinds the Dorsale is connected by a diaphragm with the Adiposenstrahl). The new Segelflossen Oligancistrus seems not only in the Rio Iriri, but also with São Felix at the Rio Xingu was found. Transfish imported 2003 larger numbers of items and brought it than?L 16-Variante? into the trade. The final size might be with twelve to 14 centimeters. With L 354 it concerns a further Oligancistrus kind, which likewise reminds of an already well-known kind from Altamira (L 20). Coloured L 354 more attractive from the Rio Iriri is however. The brown grundfaerbung is stronger, the white marks is larger and brighter. Altogether L 354 works more bulliger and more hochrueckiger. The kind possesses more Kieferzaehne than L 20 from Altamira. L 354 became as?L 20 special? brought into the trade. The largest imported animals were approximately twelve centimeters long.
http://www.ulmer.de/Vorlagen/Webapp/Cac ... _7521b.jpg
http://www.ulmer.de/Vorlagen/Webapp/Cac ... _7522b.jpg
http://www.ulmer.de/Vorlagen/Webapp/Cac ... _7523b.jpg
http://www.ulmer.de/Vorlagen/Webapp/Cac ... _7524b.jpg
Well i wish i was a catfish
swimmin in a oh, deep, blue sea (Muddy Waters, Catfish blues)
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

the second to last one there's awfully cute... wonder if they'll be importing them soon, certainly didn't take any time at all for L333 to hit the states.
Caol_ila
My images: 53
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

Finally i know what i can call my "L186a". :D
cheers
Christian
metallhd
Location 1: Edmonton Alberta Canada

Post by metallhd »

All just beautiful!
The toil of all that be helps not the primal fault
it rains into the sea, and still the sea is salt
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

Post by Graeme »

Excellent! :D

Graeme.
JohnnyOscar
Location 1: London, UK

Post by JohnnyOscar »

I'd certainly be interested to get a few L351s (and I'm not sure I don't already have L352...)
Caol_ila
My images: 53
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

Hi!

My L351 was sold to me as Acanthicus adonis. Theres a big thread about these fishes (L350/351) on the forum. Regular price was above 60 euro.
But its a super fish being out all day and no sign of any shyness.
cheers
Christian

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”