long finned loricarids?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
ClearSky57
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 3
Location 2: Mid-Atlantic, USA

long finned loricarids?

Post by ClearSky57 »

These were purchased as farlowella filamentosa??????
not sure, I searched but wasn't able to figure it out...
any ideas...
sorry the pic isn't great, I may need to post a few more in better detail.
Attachments
20150325_163443_std.jpg
20150325_163443_std.jpg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
pleco_breeder
My articles: 2
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona
Interests: breeding plecos and corys

Re: long finned loricarids?

Post by pleco_breeder »

I'm fairly sure they meant to label them as . However, pectorals are wrong. Look more like

Larry
Impossible only means that somebody hasn't done it correctly yet.
ClearSky57
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 3
Location 2: Mid-Atlantic, USA

Post by ClearSky57 »

Larry:
after looking over the stats on both, filamentosus and llanero, i would agree....
I need to take a few more detailed photos, of mouth and dorsal and such...
the other (which i don't think is very common, was stibaros, but not sure about coloring...
thanks so much for the direction...
ps... not much said about feeding husbandry.. i assume herbivore? I am going to put them in their own tank and try some repashy??
any other ideas, I do have a nursery tank with some albino longfins and hucamayo's, that has a decent algae growth in it.. maybe there?
david
dw1305
Location 1: Corsham, UK
Location 2: Bath, UK
Interests: Natural History, Ecology, Plants, Biotopes, Taxonomy, Nitrification, Cricket & Northern Soul

Post by dw1305 »

Hi all,
ClearSky57 wrote:..... not much said about feeding husbandry.. i assume herbivore? I am going to put them in their own tank and try some repashy??
any other ideas, I do have a nursery tank with some albino longfins and hucamayo's, that has a decent algae growth in it.. maybe there?
david.
Best of luck with them, but I think they are difficult to keep alive. I'd concentrate on very good oxygenation.

Have a look at <"http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... =5&t=31513">, but you would need to bear in mind that the late Bob Marklew (macvsog23) was an exceptional aquarist.

cheers Darrel

Return to “What is my catfish?”