sinking tablets

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
lostris
Location 1: Malta

sinking tablets

Post by lostris »

Hi all,

I have 2 pakistan loaches. I give them sinking tablets, not a whole one a quater a day, in the morning and blood worms or shrimp in d evening. Now should I disolve the tablet in some water or just drop it? With the loaches I have 6 bleeding heart tetras, which have flakes in d morning and the same as d loaches in the evening.
spiny
Location 1: Oslo,Norway
Interests: Fish,cacti,orchids,botany,biology,being up in the mountains, out in the forest, or sailing the ocean, etc etc

Botia lohachata

Post by spiny »

Hi!
You do not need to soak the tablets first. The Pakistan Botias are capable of taking care of them. My own Pakistan Botias (B. lohachata) get Tetra tablets, flake food, and one of around 10 sorts of live/frozen food every day.
Their size is now 10-12 centimeters / 4-5 inches, after 3 years.

They have been spawning several times, both in very soft water in Norway, and harder water in Sweden. When spawning they lost their markings, turning into a whiteish colour. I did not get fry, because this is rather difficult in this species, as the fry live almost planctonic.

They like lots of hiding places and caves, and are strong, happy fishes.
Bjorn H S

"Oh, uh, this..the moon is in the wrong position!"
Ozzy Osbourne
plesner
I've donated: $30.00!
My images: 12
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post by plesner »

I've had breeding behaviour in the exact same species (which btw. has been given a new name: it's now B. almorhae). A fellow Dane managed to raise a number of fry a couple of years ago.
plesner
lostris
Location 1: Malta

Post by lostris »

thanks for d info guys

Return to “Tank Talk”