My images: 16
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

December's Photo Contest Results!

Post by Barbie »

First, I would like to apologize for the lag time between the contest end and the official announcement. Rusty is working hard to put up a results page and links to the photo contest page itself, but he's been more than a bit swamped with all he's accomplished so far. Posting the results here will give him some time to work on the necessary changes for the next contest! :D

First place, and unlimited kudos go to Karsten Plesner's Synodontis sp. (7), with a score of 6.53.

Congratulations!

Our second place goes to Scott Greeson, with his picture of his LDA33, with a score of 6.36

Third place goes to philtre's Parotocinclus maculicauda picture, with a score of 6.35.

The results of the entire contest, in order of rating can be seen at http://forum.planetcatfish.com/album_cat.php?cat_id=1.

I think we had a WONDERFUL turnout, for a first contest, and I'll be happy to see the new submissions for the next one! We'll be accepting new pictures for the next contest until at least the 15th of the month. You can submit them any time, and the ones that have already been submitted will be put up when the new contest is ready for rating. There may be a bit of modification to the rating system, but that will all be posted in the photo contest section, once we decide on a preferred method. Please post any suggestions, comments, likes, dislikes (please be kind) and or ideas you have about the contest in the Speak Easy Forum post that's already there. Any and all input would be appreciated!

Barbie
INXS
Location 1: Litchfield, CT

Post by INXS »

First I would like to congratulate and thank you (Barbie&Rusty) for creating the contest. I think it is a really great new feature and am looking forward to try to partake in it.

Now for input:
- when I try to check up on the contest I am having a hard time finding my way to it. Could a link be placed on the homepage to the contest perhaps?
- I was a bit unclear about the dates of submission - could we have them posted for a couple of months in advance ?
- Also if a homepage for the contest is created , could we have resizing tips and hints along with rules explained there?

Thanks - it really is a great new feature!!

Return to “Site Announcements”