Hello! I'm new...so I just wanted to be social!

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Algaedarling
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Colorado, USA
Interests: Fish! Oh, and other animals/things...sometimes...

Hello! I'm new...so I just wanted to be social!

Post by Algaedarling »

I'm from Colorado (USA) and our water is generally terrible, however I do my best and filter the heck out of it and my fish seem to do alright, especially the catfish! I love comas, as you might have seen. I also love fish. I've had them since I was eight years old and officially count as an addict. I've stuck to freshwater so far. My tanks (as of today...) are as follows:
325 gallons
125 gallons
100 gallons
55 gallons
25 gallons
10 gallons
So, here's me and my fish in a nut-shell!
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

Guess that explains why Coors beer has such a bad taste. Welcome,
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
Algaedarling

Post by Algaedarling »

You know, in all honesty, our water is so wonderful(sarcasm) that keeping fish in Coors might be easier. Our local water companies actually add ammonia to the water, just for the fun of it! :roll:
medaka
Expert
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 5
My images: 66
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:1)
Spotted: 28
Location 1: Runcorn.
Location 2: Cheshire.UK
Interests: Asiancatfish/corys

Post by medaka »

our water here in the uk is getting bad to many additives :(
they added extra chlorine tonight could smell it as soon as i turned the tap on :cry:
a big hello
medaka
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

Jeez algae, glad they didn't do that here... welcome to the board. ;) you wouldn't want a pair of Potamotrygon leopoldi for that 325 would you?
Algaedarling

Post by Algaedarling »

Hello!
Want? Of course! Can I have? No. It's a community tank and there are many mouth-sized niblets swimming around (tons of catfish too!). Plus, the substrate is a small, coarse gravel. I'm glad to hear that Spring's water is better. I don't know why Aurora adds ammonia. They started it after the Haymen fire. It was bad before that but now it's just a chemical bath. I know they probably have a reason for it, but I think all water companies should make their water "fish-grade". That's my vote!
Alyx
-And thank you to everyone for the "Hello"s and "Welcome"s!-
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

haha, I had to try... ;) had a buyer with a verbal agreement who backed out, and I could use the cash.

I dunno, the fires make a big problem in the way of erosion, perhaps that has something to do with it? No idea. I was up in Ft. Collins for about 6 months a few years ago, wonder if they have added all sorts of nasty chemicals. At least no big fires this year, and at least here a lot of moisture.

Return to “Speak Easy”