I are such an idiot.

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

I are such an idiot.

Post by Taratron »

So I went and ordered some hundred dollars worth of lights at Dr. Fosters and Smith. Great company, btw!

And part of my shipment came today. Sweet, thinks Tara, for these are the new lights for my 20 Long.

Except Tara make a mistake. She remembered that her 20 long tank is either 30 inches long, or needs a 30 watt bulb. So she buys 2 30 watt, 36 inch bulbs.

Yes. So now Tara has two bulbs that are six inches LONGER than her tank and hoods both.

Someone get me a medal, please, I think Darwin would be proud! :P
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Andrew
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:21)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: Ellicott City, Maryland

Post by Andrew »

You could just buy a 30-gallon tank to go with the lights...
jurassic_pork
Location 1: midlands U.K

Post by jurassic_pork »

Just take the tubes back to the company with receipt of purchase surely they will change them.

Mark
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

it's mail order, and I'm not sure they allow electronics back in once box is opened. Still something to check on.
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

Post by Graeme »

:lol: lol Tara! what are you like! hehe!

Graeme.
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

Post by Taratron »

My gods, and what a package these guys came in! It was like opening the locks on Fort Knox with the threat of a proximity mine right at your heels. Some three razors and twenty pounds of shipping foam and cardboard later, and I had the bulbs!

And still have them. All six feet of them. And wondering why on Earth, when I am giving someone my credit card number, I thought that watts = inches!
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
fishnut2
I've donated: $151.00!
My images: 4
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Chicago

Post by fishnut2 »

I like Andrew's suggestion :) Keep in mind that those will fit 30/40/50 gallon breeder tanks as well! It's the perfect excuse to buy more tanks...lol.
Rich

Return to “Speak Easy”