Have more eggs, what do I do??

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
mermaid
Location 1: Huntingdon, Cambs UK
Interests: bristlenose catfish,royal plecs

Have more eggs, what do I do??

Post by mermaid »

Mark I have more eggs laid this afternoon, I have taken them out and put them in another container floating on the top of the tank, is this right or should I have put them in the with already hatched fry (who by the way are now eating the shrimp brine as their bellys are pink), the new eggs are in their own container where I have added methylane blue & oxygen tablets like I did with the others.

Should I set up a small breeding tank just for the eggs as now I have hatched one lot I am really keen to hatch lots more. This maybe getting ahead of myself here and knock me down if you want no hard feelings, how or what do I need to do to become a breeder of the bronze corys, maybe its just the excitement of hatching my first lot that has got me addicted even more now.

Best Wishes

Jo
Catfish, what a perfect creation
corybreed
Expert
I've donated: $54.00!
My catfish: 8
My cats species list: 74 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Long Island, New York, USA
Location 2: Long Island

Post by corybreed »

Jo,
You are doing just fine. Keep the newly laid eggs separate form the fry that have already hatched. Let the eggs hatch out as before and wait for the yolk sacks to dissolve before feeding. If you like you can set up a separate tank to raise the fry. You can combine the fry from the different spawns once the smallest are swimming about.

Mark
mermaid
Location 1: Huntingdon, Cambs UK
Interests: bristlenose catfish,royal plecs

Post by mermaid »

A baby hatched from the new batch yesterday, it only took it 2 days!!!!!.

Will add some photos this afternoon.

Jo
Catfish, what a perfect creation

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”