Updated pics of my cats

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
kev
Location 1: Lancashire
Interests: Catfish and Stingray's

Post by kev »

The IBAMA where on strike while we where out there, so we could not get anything out of the country :( . It was somthing i will never forget. And how many people do you know that can say that they have caught a 10" gold nugget with their bare hand's? :D , best trip of my life.

Kev
Put me dinner in the oven, im off to the Xingu!!!.
Rense
Location 1: Lelystad, the netherlands
Interests: catfish ofcourse :D And the other fish from lake tanganyika

Post by Rense »

TiGrInUs wrote:Thanks Rense! They don't get too big,,, :D compared to the other giants atleast.
well, they are a bit to large for my 325 liter tank :P :P :P
sidguppy
My articles: 1
My images: 29
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Southern Netherlands near Belgium
Location 2: Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Interests: African catfishes and oddballs, Madagascar cichlids; stoner doom and heavy rock; old school choppers and riding them, fantasy novels, travelling and diving in the tropics and all things nature.

Post by sidguppy »

Kev, where is that location?
because collecting fish is quite impossible in some South American countries due to burocracy and severe laws.....

Peru, perhaps?
Valar Morghulis
kev

Post by kev »

Sid how many gold nugget pleco's do you know that have come out of Peru?. I was in Brazil with a exporter, we collected in Macapa and Altamira (rio xingu).

Kev
sidguppy
My articles: 1
My images: 29
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Southern Netherlands near Belgium
Location 2: Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Interests: African catfishes and oddballs, Madagascar cichlids; stoner doom and heavy rock; old school choppers and riding them, fantasy novels, travelling and diving in the tropics and all things nature.

Post by sidguppy »

heck, I don't keep track wich L-number comes from where; Loricariids aren't my thing, I stick to a nice fat Riftlake :wink:

but collecting in Brasil? thought that was absolutely impossible; end up in jail that kind of stuff, let alone get fish out of the country.

I'm qwuite curious how you pulled that off, because everything I hear about Brasil points to the "impossible" scenario's!
Valar Morghulis
Tuti
My cats species list: 22 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: The Netherlands

Post by Tuti »

Very nice pictures TiGrInUs! really cool Catfish! :D
Catfishes
kev

Post by kev »

because i was with a brazillian shipper, he has his licence's and all that stuff. you're right tho people do get locked up for fishing, but they are usually collecting banned fish. You could'nt just get of a plane and start fishing, or like you said u'd be thrown in jail, but luckly i was with the proffessionals :D .

Kev
TiGrInUs
Location 1: USA

Post by TiGrInUs »

Updaters!

Image[/b]
kev

Post by kev »

Very nice photo's :D , i picked up a new 13" female Leopoldi today for the big boy, we've called her "big ray's wife" as he is called "big ray" :D . My Jurense is going to live with my brother when he get's his big tank and im gettin a Luciopimlodus Pati to go in there :D .

Kev
TiGrInUs

Post by TiGrInUs »

Are going to try and breed the leos?? I really like those Luciopimlodus Pati,,,i have never seen them available around here though :( .
pictus_man_77
Location 1: bromsgrove, Worcester Birmingham, U.K.

Post by pictus_man_77 »

you're photography has certainly progressed during this topic!!! has anyone read the topic on catfish posters? well dont you think the picture second from last is perfect?!?!?
Well done mate :thumbsup:
kev

Post by kev »

that's the plan, get the Leo's breeding :D , Yes the Pati's are great, i would get one now but i think there would be a war in my tank with the Jurense, so i'll not risk it and just wait.

Kev
fishmadbarry
Location 1: Essex/England

Post by fishmadbarry »

My juruense is about that size, it's much darker though, pretty much black the whole length including the tail. it only has very slight variation in shade where the stripes are.
What does a Chav and a Slinky have in common?

They are both great fun to watch fall down stairs.
zenyfish
My cats species list: 15 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Orange County, California, USA
Location 2: Orange County, California, USA

Post by zenyfish »

I'd say your impressive tanks that should be listed here:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... hp?t=11926
TiGrInUs

Post by TiGrInUs »

Thanks pictus man! I tried hard to get those to last pics! On the one you like one of the barbels are out of focus though, so it is not the perfect picture. :lol:

Kev,,,good luck. And take some pics of the pati when you get it!

fishmadbarry, my juruene's pattern changes all the time. Somtimes it looks all black and sometimes the stripes come in.

Thanks zenyfish,,,ill have to post in that thread!

pictus_man_77
Location 1: bromsgrove, Worcester Birmingham, U.K.

Post by pictus_man_77 »

yes the barbels could be a little more in the shot, but you have taken an excellent picture, and i think it should be added to the the Cat-Elog !! thats how good it is!!
8) 8)
SorubimLima
Location 1: Indiana
Interests: Shovelnoses

Post by SorubimLima »

Nice fish TiGrInus, love the big cats!
Sorubim Lima
Cat Count:2 Sorubims,1 pl*co, 1 twig, 2 pictus, 1 oto, 1 striped raphael, 3 Pygmy Cories
TiGrInUs

Post by TiGrInUs »

Thanks dude...heres some updaters. The tigrinus will be gone this weekend, since i have sold it. No time or money.

It is 12" plus now.
kev

Post by kev »

thats a shame about you having to get rid of of the tigger, My big tank has now gone to make way for a new 84"x24"high,30"wide tank with a 60"x18"x18" sump, on a nice Cabinet, should be ready in a couple of week's. So i'll post pic's when it come's.

Kev
TiGrInUs

Post by TiGrInUs »

Yes post pics when you get that set up for sure! Your fish are great.
kev

Post by kev »

Will do, Im not getting a Pati now i dont think. Ive asked my friend in the trade to get me a Platynematichthys Notatus for the new tank. My Jurense is living in his shop as he jumped out the tank hit the floor nose first :cry: , he's flatened his face, so to recover we have put him in a sump behind the tank's.

Kev
TiGrInUs

Post by TiGrInUs »

P. Notatus is just as nice! I have never seen them imported under like 3ft though!!! haha just kidding. I really havent seen them imported under 15".

Im sorry to hear about the juruense man. I dont like seeing fish like that. I hope it heals all right for you. I used to keep a flavicans and that thing constantly spooked with his nose banging on the walls. I couldn't really deal with it any longer and gave it away.

cant wait for the pictures,,,Give me a pm when you do post so I know where to find them!

-Logan

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”