New guys

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
metallhd
Location 1: Edmonton Alberta Canada

New guys

Post by metallhd »

Hi all - as promised in an earlier post, pics of muh new dawgs. I actually indulged myself completely here, went out and bought a new 10G special for a dozen new rarities (for these parts anyway), 4 c. julii, 4 c. arcuatus, and 4 c. "Punctatious" [sic]. I am beginning to suspect as they colour up they are indeed c. brevirostris, but the spot pattern on these fish is much different than the spots on my other clutch of c. brevirostris in the big tank - they tend to stay on the quiet (hidden by plants) back portion of the tank and don't come out for pics much, but I have posted a fairly good pic once before, this one is the "known" brevirostris. This pic is one each of all the new guys, note the spot difference.

Any suggestions? Also my two baby c. pygmaeus are now three, somehow some eggs are escaping the platys :)

Cheers and thanks! :D
The toil of all that be helps not the primal fault
it rains into the sea, and still the sea is salt
metallhd
Location 1: Edmonton Alberta Canada

Post by metallhd »

Hello ??!! :? Perhaps I was not clear. I would like anyone's thought on whether the fish on the left in pic 2 is a brevirostris? I believe pic 1 is a brevirostris but if not what type please? Thank you !
The toil of all that be helps not the primal fault
it rains into the sea, and still the sea is salt
Durlänger
Location 1: near Biel/Bienne
Location 2: helvetia

Post by Durlänger »

You shouled asked that at "What is my catfish?" this is the wronge part of the forum for that :!: So you don`t have to wonder why nobady answers :!:

Return to “Tank Talk”