are these two the same?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.

Top Picture a male

yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 6

dj_speed_uk
Location 1: uk (west midlands)

are these two the same?

Post by dj_speed_uk »

i have received bristlies like these today also this 1 im thinkin it could be a female as its only bristles on the tip of the nose. not going up the face

but i had this 1 below for about a year are they the same?

Janne
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 244
Spotted: 73
Location 2: Belém, Brazil

Post by Janne »

To be able to see if they are or not are the same we would want to compare their dorsal and tail fin, the shape of these are often different between species in this family.
To only compare them on these pictures will only end up in guessing's, there are several species with this pattern of small white dots on a dark coloured body.

Janne
smithrc
My images: 5
My cats species list: 33 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Milton Keynes - UK

Post by smithrc »

looking at the bristles on the first I'll say its male - I've never had forked appear on a female - no matter how bristly she is.

they look like 2 different fish the first had fewer larger spots that the second.
Our Plecs...
L014 - L024 - L046 - L075 - L088 - L106 - L114 - L142 - L183 - L400 - LDA25 - GSD
dj_speed_uk
Location 1: uk (west midlands)

Post by dj_speed_uk »

agreed i can see them branching out

Return to “What is my catfish?”