Arcuatus info?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
fishboy23
Location 1: South Bend, IN
Interests: Cories, Killies, Plecos

Arcuatus info?

Post by fishboy23 »

Hi all,
I just got 5 cory arcuatus, and would like to know a bit more about them and if they have been spawned in the hobby. I have no idea how ot find articles on this site (I'm computer illiterate, bear with me), but if someone can get me a link, I'd love to read some on this fish.
Thanks,
Gary
housewren
Location 1: Berrien Springs, MI
Interests: Cory Cats and Guppy Genetics

Post by housewren »

Here's the direct link to Corydoras arcuatus:
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/ca ... a/12_F.PHP
Unfortunately, there isn't an awful lot of information there for this species.

You'll find a little bit more at Ian Fuller's website, Corycats, where he has spawning records for some of the corys that he has spawned:

http://www.corycats.com/spawning_log_13.htm
There are several different ways to find information on this site.
Across the top, just beneath the Planet Catfish name is a horizontal menu. One of the buttons is search. You can type in the name of the fish you are looking for and it will provide you with the list of pages on which that fish is found. You might also use the Forum Search button, available on any page of the Forums.

Another way is to use the Cat-eLog--there is a button for that in the menu also. One of the options is "Scientific Name by Family A-I" Scroll down to the family Callichthyidae--that's what Corys belong in--and click on it. This will bring up a list of Species in the family arranged alphabetically.

Yet another option is to use the Cat-eLog and click on genus thumbnails. This brings up a list of all genera arranged by family in alphabetical order. Scroll down to Callichthyidae and click on Corydoras. This will bring up thumbnails of the species of Corydoras arranged in alphabetical order. Scroll to the species you are looking for and that will take you to its description

Hope this doesn't sound too daunting. It's really quite easy once you get used to it.

Cheryl Trine
fishboy23
Location 1: South Bend, IN
Interests: Cories, Killies, Plecos

Post by fishboy23 »

Thanks Cheryl (incidentally, will you be at the SWMAS auction on Saturday?).
I know about the cat-e-log and finding a fish in there, I just didn't know where the articles on the fish would be. I will go try a search once I get done posting this. That was a great link from Ian's site. I found it surprising the fish bred so easily, as I know several accomplished cory breeders who have failed to breed this fish.
Anyways, my group looks good for now, and I've got a good breeding reference.
Thanks again,
Gary

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”