i bought new catfishes =)

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Harley
Location 1: Umeå, Sweden

i bought new catfishes =)

Post by Harley »

I just had to tell someone ! I have bought my self 3 Clown Plecos today ! :D I have wanted them since i first saw them in the store. Unfortunatly one were sold before i made up my mind =/

Pictures will come later.
I just had to tell someone that knows what a catfish is !
Ben
Location 1: PEI, Canada
Interests: Fish, Computers, Comic Books, Nature

Post by Ben »

congrats, I'm sure you'll enjoy them! I love mine :)
Harley

Post by Harley »

thanx Ben !

Were yours verry shy when you bought them ? 2 of mine are verry pale.
Well, i hope they get happyer when they get to know the tank a bit better.

How big are yours Ben ? pictures ?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Yes, they were very shy when I brought them home, and it took a few days for their colour to darken up. A bit of advice, to see them more, is to provice lots of hiding spots. The more spots they have to hide, the more secure they feel in coming out. They LOVE wood, and it's a must for them, so if you dont' already have some bog wood, or drift wood in the tank, you should get some.

Mine are all between 2.5" and 3", and have stopped growing.

I have pics if you follow the link in my signature below, there you will see mine.
Harley wrote:thanx Ben !

Were yours verry shy when you bought them ? 2 of mine are verry pale.
Well, i hope they get happyer when they get to know the tank a bit better.

How big are yours Ben ? pictures ?
Harley

Post by Harley »

Hey Ben !

They have wood, some mopani roots, but im going to get them some mangroove roots too. Im also going to put in some more plants in there as soon as i have fixed better light.

Nice pics btw ! verry nice indeed. I saw that you too have Hillstream Loaches =) I have two of them litle fellows, verry funny and good looking.

Ben, do you have al of those catfish in the same aquarium ? any fishes with them ?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Mine have mopani,and they love to munch on it. I've never used mangrove, as it's not available here that I've seen.

Thanks for the comments on my pics. They are split between 2 tanks currently, and I have a 90 gallon river tank in the works that I'll be setting up when I move into my new house. The hillstreams are real little characters indeed :)

As for other fish, not much beyond catfish and loaches, I have a few "community fish" that are just what is left from an old community tank, but they are just a very few scattered fish.
Harley wrote:Hey Ben !

They have wood, some mopani roots, but im going to get them some mangroove roots too. Im also going to put in some more plants in there as soon as i have fixed better light.

Nice pics btw ! verry nice indeed. I saw that you too have Hillstream Loaches =) I have two of them litle fellows, verry funny and good looking.

Ben, do you have al of those catfish in the same aquarium ? any fishes with them ?

Return to “Speak Easy”