Any Successes With L-204?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
pleco_farmer
I've donated: $50.00!
Location 1: Wash, DC, USA

Any Successes With L-204?

Post by pleco_farmer »

I've been working with them like L-134, temp and conductivity drops, no joy. Males are hanging out in the caves, but the ladies aren't showing much interest, or much gravidity for that matter. I believe that Janne had mentioned that he had a few. Anyone else?

Thanks.
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 280
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

I have heard of an account in Austria, unfortunately the people who spawn them don't have internet, neither are they willing to share their informations, so no much help...

I aslo heard of a suspect account in France or Belgium, but I doubt of the seriousness of this one...

Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Janne
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 244
Spotted: 73
Location 2: Belém, Brazil

Post by Janne »

Don't give up :wink: the male is not the problem and not really the water as long you keep it in high quality, the females can be hard to get ripped and they need a lot of food both plecotabs and frozen food and special Cyclops except the wood you have in their tank. And if you have more then one male in the tank...take the smallest away and keep just 1 male with 2-3 females.

Janne
kkorotev
I've donated: $50.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 19
Spotted: 11
Location 1: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post by kkorotev »

Although I never got fry, I did have one spawn (infertile)
from a female who looked ready to explode. She was fed (Oh, do I dare say it out loud?)
blackworms!

Hey...the world didn't stop spinning, did it?

Good luck. Someone will crack their code, maybe you!

Kevin Korotev

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”