Peckoltia sp L147

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
I_Xeno
I've donated: $5.00!
My images: 7
My cats species list: 15 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 3
Location 2: Europe

Peckoltia sp L147

Post by I_Xeno »

I have a cople of questions abiut this fish :

Is it very shy ?
What is the maximum size of it ?
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

It's likely to grow a bit bigger than other Peckoltia spp. since it's most closely related to .

--
Mats
bronzefry
I've donated: $100.00!
My articles: 6
My images: 13
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:7)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Sharon, Massachusetts, US

Post by bronzefry »

I've got a female L-147 and she's about 4" total length. She does hide most of the day, upside-down in a driftwood cave. She seems to have a "home base" she prefers. If she goes wandering through the tank and feels threatened by a shadow or something, she immediately swims back to this safe haven. She hasn't met a food she doesn't like, but zucchini makes her day. :P
The only way I can get a photo of her is to feed her before the lights go out and she's been in the same 75 gallon tank for well over a year. I'm already looking for a replacement piece of driftwood, just in case this one dissolves.
Amanda
fw05racer
Location 1: Sydney, Australia

Post by fw05racer »

I have a group of 5 L147. They are a fairly peaceful fish, often bullied by other more aggresive plecos. In terms of shyness, they tend to hang around a favourite cave sometimes inside, sometimes around the enterance. Don't expect them to come to you during feeding time though.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”